Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Really bad week for my son

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
My son (13) was injured on Thursday playing football. He took a hit in the belly that ruptured his bladder. He had emergency surgery on Friday and will have to be in the hospital for at least a week for IV antibiotics. During surgery they took 3 liters of fluid out of his abdomen.

Today both catheters stopped draining which caused his bladder to get too full. He then start vomiting because of the pressure. Morphine hasn't even been able to control his pain very well. He will also have to have another surgery in the very near future (which will be his 21st operation).

My ex also chose today to be a dickhead and that made it all that much harder. I haven't had any decent sleep in days. Stress, worry, and exhaustion are really taking a toll on me and not being able to see my SO doesn't help.

Basically just a really, really crappy week and not looking to get better soon. Just needed to vent after today.
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a lot to take on all at once. I'm sorry you and your son are having to go through this. I hope he recovers quickly!

catrig
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is your son playing football if he has had that many surgeries? Not bashing, but it doesn't seem safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG!  I can't even imagine how awful that must be for you and your son.  I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and wish him a speedy recovery.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness... Poor kid! I hope his recovery goes well and is quick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmjdj
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:56 AM
It's ok...a lot of people ask this. He has always been cleared by all doctors or I would not let him play.

But...this boys lives and breathes football and always has. With all of his medical issues the only way to make him feel 'normal' is to treat him as if he is...even though I worry constantly.

Obviously he will NOT be playing anymore this season and next season (next year) we will see then. I would never allow him to put himself in danger by disobeying doctor's orders though...I don't care how die-hard football he is! :-)

Quoting catrig:

Why is your son playing football if he has had that many surgeries? Not bashing, but it doesn't seem safe.
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry to hear about this :( Chin up momma, he will be home, healed, and this week will be but a distant memory. 

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww man. Poor guy! :(

2lilmamas
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama. I hope your son has a fast recovery.
gmadiane
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

oh no poor guy, I hope he will be feeling better soon and dont forget to take care of yourself as well

MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no. I'm sorry momma. I hope your son has a speedy recovery and that things get better for all of you. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN