Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

have kind of a problem my husband and i had our best friends in mind for the god parents. i grew up with her and i know she will be there and he picked her bf as god father. well now they have broken up and it looks like they wont be getting back together its been about a month since they broke up i'm fine with picking someone else for the job cause i was never really happy with his choice but i said ok no problem hes your best friend. but now he doesn't know if he wants him to be the gf cause he isn't sure if he is going to stick around he has been distant since brake up. i told him i'd rather have family but at the end its his choice. what should i just put foot down and say just pick family or give it some more time see if he comes around. either way i told him by the time i have the baby he needs to make a choice.

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm confused why is it your husband's choice? A decision like that, wouldn't it be a mutual decision?

Why pick someone who is being wishy washy? You want someone reliable, solid, and connected to y'all, I would think.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yes I never heard of that! It's a mutual choice!

Quoting MagicTemptation:

I'm confused why is it your husband's choice? A decision like that, wouldn't it be a mutual decision?

Why pick someone who is being wishy washy? You want someone reliable, solid, and connected to y'all, I would think.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Family is family in my opinion versus just friends.

Fayanne
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM

whatever works for the two of you

RheaF
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
You need to pick together! IMHO, a god Parent is someone who, in the event of your death(both you and DH) will take custody of your children. You need a couple who is solid, responsible, and who you BOTH trust.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Totally agree!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Yes I never heard of that! It's a mutual choice!

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Yes!

Quoting RheaF:

You need to pick together! IMHO, a god Parent is someone who, in the event of your death(both you and DH) will take custody of your children. You need a couple who is solid, responsible, and who you BOTH trust.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I agree with the others. This is someone who will take care of your children in the event of your deaths. Not who they're going on a camping trip with. You both need to choose together and be 100% happy with your choice.

lageise
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

You want someone who will be around.  Someone who will actually do the duties of a God Parent.  I personally think family is best.  We have family for both God Parents for both children. 

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Sylvia1984
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM

sorry haven't been on in a while. it was a choice we made together to pick the the ex in the beginning i had put some names out there and he had his and he seemed so happy when saying that guy i just wanted him to be happy so i went with someone he wanted instead of pushing for someone who was family. we did decide and changed to a cousin of mine. dh told me you were right should of went with family from the beginning. now i laugh because my best friend got drunk the last time we hung out and complained that we changed our mind and thinks that her ex would make better gf then my cousin. that she understands why we change mind but doesn't like it.  lol cant win. oh well  she got over it and called next day apologizing about her outburst. and i told her if your that unhappy i can always find someone else for gm. that got her and she said no she will do what she has to she just thought we would give it more time before we made a choice and that she will stand by our choice and will not have out burst like that again that she is by our side no matter what. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)