Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my boyfriend I was falling in love with him... and he didn't say anything... help!

Posted by   + Show Post

First off, before I tell my story, I'd been a single mom to my almost 3 year old son for over 3 years, ever since I left my ex when I was pregnant. I never experienced a "real" relationship before my ex, or after... and there were guys after my ex, but it was more of a friends with benefits kinda thing, never serious. 

Well I started going out with someone I worked with, he left and got a job w/a better position n pay a week after he first asked me out. We've only been together for a month. We started off talking alot during our lunch breaks at work, we're both nerds and like alot of the same stuff. 

He gave me his number and a week later we had our first date. He hadn't had a date in a while, which I found out from his friends, and I haven't been with a guy for years. Anyways, things have been going really well and we started having sex on the third date. I felt fine with it at the time, but now I'm afraid it may have been too early. I must say that when we do have sex, it's very passionate. He told me he couldn't have sex with someone he didn't have feelings for, he needed a connection, so this has reassured me of his feelings a bit.

Anyways, on our last date, we were parked in his car. I have alot of issues with my family and it's constantly getting me down and he wanted to quit our date early cause he had to be up early. I guess I kinda got into a bad mood cause I was dissapointed to go home early that night and I had been having a bad day. Anyways we parked and he said that we should "talk"... so I started talking about my family issues and everything and he was super sweet about it... listened to me, didn't judge, and looked me straight in the eyes. 

To be honest, I've never had direct eye contact like that with a man like that before... It made me melt and I said to him, "You're making me fall in love with you."... he had the biggest grin on his face and looked at me with those gorgeous brown eyes of his... it just made me melt.

I have never had such strong feelings for a man and it scares me. My ex was abusive to me and other men never respected me... now I have a boyfriend that is totally respectful and chivalrous, and I guess I'm just insecure... I'm afraid that I may have freaked him out about it... cause I texted him telling him I hope i didn't throw him off with waht i said to him and all he texted back was "that's fine".... it bothers me tbh.... but he said he was tired from work so maybe he didn't feel like texting...

Sorry it's so long, but I really would like some input... I don't know how to function in a "normal" relationship. I feel like this is the right thing for me in my life, but now i'm worried I may have scared him off with my little confession. Help!

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Replies (11-13):
kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
My boyfriend was the first one to say that he loved me a whole week after we started dating. I smiled and said I can't say the same, but I really like you a lot. His response began the the best relationship I have ever had. He said, I'm just telling you how I feel." I began to fall in love with him right then. Just be patient. If it's meant to be it will be. :)
gmoen1977
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM

let him come to a time to say it on his own.  i am sure that you heard i love you with your x and he never honetly ment it.  let him show you his love.  i and my aunt talked about it once that we will from time to time say i love you to our so's but not always and not always said in return because we heard it through lies and abuse.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I agree you told him how you feel and just let him know you in no way want him to feel pressure to return the sentiment. You are happy with  him as is at this point and no pressure intended. Don't tell him you love him anymore until he starts saying it  now though and be patient if  that takes awhile, a good man is worth waiting for and it means more if he says it when he really means it and not out of a feeling of obligation . Just let that incident slide for now and focus on your fun times togethetr and other conversations, keep getting to know one another

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)