Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your ceremony

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

When you married, were you married in a church or some other venue?

Do you have pics?

My first wedding was a church wedding. For the next, I'm thinking a vineyard would be a wonderful location.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
We got married at the chapel of one of our local state parks. So both I guess. It was a church, even if it isn't being used as such anymore. We do have pictures. I wish we had more though.
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM

throwing upMy  first wedding that I shouldnt have had to the wrong person for the wrong reasons at 18 was NOT anything "I" wanted it was whatever I felt would impress my large extended family and make them happy. So we got married in a catholic church even though in my heart I am not even catholic and then we had a very traditional reception at a country club and wore a traditional white wedding gown (I am NOT a traditonal type person so none of this was ME) and like I said I shouldnt have married him anyway. NOOOOO I DO NOT HAVE ANY Pictures of this wedding I ripped them all up and destroyed them when I finally got the nerve to divorce him.

YVONNE

starreyedcutie
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
We initially got married in the justice of peace office wearing jeans DC sneakers and quicksilver hoodies. With all of our good friends from the military there. But before we shipped off to Okinawa japan we had a little ceremony in a church because me and dh are roman catholic. However it was a very quickly thrown together wedding and I didn't like it but we do have pics :-)
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

My wedding to Todd (we've been together over 10 yrs now and married just over 8) was everything we wanted it to be. It was our fairytale romance, all custom and unique and personalized. We got married at the mini castle he proposed to me at and part of our aisle was a lovely footbridge that crossed the river next to the mini castle. The entire ceremony was  written , choreographed and sang by  Todd and I. We made up  symbolic little rituals during the ceremony  and made very important interactive roles for our 5 kids, our parents and our siblings who were our only guests as well. We then had a somewhat traditional reception lunch at our big  family house and then in the evening  we had our evening dinner reception until midnight on Lit up at night riverboat floating down river with murder mystery comedy dinner theatre and dj and dancing. All of that for under $3000 It was our dream wedding and we wouldnt change anything about it. The part of our wedding video that always makes me cry the most is when we were walking down the first half of the aisle WITH  our kids and stopped halfway where we were about to say vows to them and Todd sang Creed's With Arms Wide Open to them sooooo touching and beautiful. After we did the kids vows halfway up the aisle and he sang to them, then Todd and I embraced and finished walking  up the rest of the aisle with our arms wrapped around eachother to the altar with me singing Shania Twain's From This Moment On. At another part we sang "I'm everything I am because you loved me" to our parents and gave eachothers parents a gift and kiss and hug and thanked them for having and raising the love of our lives. (we did a lot  more than all that too we put so much thought into it)

YVONNE

lapcounter
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

The Happy Couple

Our first time was I a log cabin chapel, our renewal was on our land where we are building a house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom4awesomekids
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Outside at courthouse in courtyard. IT was great.

beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We were married in a church.   Which is ironic because we are atheists lol.

We re-newed our vows on a boat and the First Officer performed the ceremony.

mo3giOH
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My wedding was in a park. It is very special to my DH and I because it's where we first met, and where he asked me out.

ashli488
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

we didnt have a church wedding becauase neither of us are religious. i have some photos that someone took... i guess thsis the only one  have on my computer, ill have to find more later and add them : )

Jwick
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

We had planned a summer wedding for the next year.  But my family had so many issues with my choice in groom, his mom died and he got orders to go overseas for a year so we eloped to a court house and we were married by a JoP.  There are no picture, which I regret.

But we had a vow renewal on our 5th year at our house.  There are tons of pictures.  My family did attend as they found that the person whispering in their ear about my DH in the begining was wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)