Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO ever cook for you?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 101 Replies
1 mom liked this

Most of the time I do the cooking because I work from home, but occasionally if I'm sick or just don't feel like it, my husband will cook instead. Last night he made burgers but earlier in the week he made tortellini with red sauce and baked chicken. SO good! 

Does your SO ever cook for you? Or if he's the one who does most of the cooking, do you ever give him a break? 

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Every once in a blue moon he will cook for me.  Whenever the mood strikes him or if I'm too sick to cook. 

Hadadat
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Nope he's all thumbs in the kitchen. But he can grill a mean steak!

AutymsMommy
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Tony is Italian and grew up on the apron strings of his immigrant mother and grandmother - he LOVES to cook and does so at least once or twice a week. I'm more "down home cooking" when I cook; he's "gourmet Italian", lol. He can literally look in the fridge and come up with amazing dishes. His are always the requested dishes for neighborhood dinner and block parties :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Dear heavens no.. I'm a former Chef so he doesn't even attempt it. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

LittleBirdFly
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

he made me a chicken noodle soup when I was pregnant and didnt feel so well :)

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

we trade off on cooking. dd likes when he cooks though because she is a picky eater and he will cook someting she likes and I on the other hand don't cook two meal.Rather you eat whats for dinner or you don't eat.

posh417
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM

DH does most of the cooking, but he's good at it. I'll help out if he needs me to, but I usually clean the kitchen after dinner or I'll make a dessert. I'm trying to get into cooking more, but some really yum recipes overwhelm me.

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Yes. There are certain things he's really good at cooking, and whenever we have those things he steps in without a word. :)

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yes, he cooks when I am sick or ask him to. I enjoy cooking so I do the most and well he works nights too.

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I do the cooking. We cook at home together on special nights :) he will cook things one the grill, but that's about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN