Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How often

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 63 Replies
Do you go out together?

My MIL watches our 9 yr old and 15 month old twins every other Friday for date night. Once a month we try to go to a concert and twice a year we go on a cruise without kids.

I'm curious how often others go out together?

We don't go out separate very often. Maybe once per year.
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Never.

Rosebud27aj
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM

We try to go out once a month for date night. But we do have lunch dates a lot. 2-3 times a week. My dh works nights, so he's free for lunch. 

Eyelashes23
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM
About 2 times a month, sometimes 3 times. When we are alone we usually have the weekend to ourselves. We go away alone once a year. Went to cabo the past August for a week. It was great!
Edit; we also meet up for lunch a. Couple times a week
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Not very often. We have lunch a few times a month. Its hard to squeeze funds for a sitter and a date night. So we just have lunch while the kids r at school.
charley31
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM
We aim for once a month date night. Sometimes it happens sometimes we get 2 date nights.
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM

not very often without the kids. i have a 19 month old and an almost 4 month old. No one wants to baby sit them together. It's a handful I understand. Even Dh doesn't want to take care of both of them alone! Just me!

meagan517
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Oh nice! I can't imagine complete alone time. It's been forever since no kids were in our home. Cabo I bet that was awesome! We're going to the Bahamas in a month for 4 days. Ill miss my babies but I need a break!

Quoting Eyelashes23:

About 2 times a month, sometimes 3 times. When we are alone we usually have the weekend to ourselves. We go away alone once a year. Went to cabo the past August for a week. It was great!

meagan517
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I can understand that! Our twin boys are 15 months old. Thank god for my MIL she's amazing with your sons. My mom is nuts so we don't let her watch them.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

not very often without the kids. i have a 19 month old and an almost 4 month old. No one wants to baby sit them together. It's a handful I understand. Even Dh doesn't want to take care of both of them alone! Just me!

meagan517
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
We usually just do dinner and a movie. Or dinner and a few drinks. You?

Quoting charley31:

We aim for once a month date night. Sometimes it happens sometimes we get 2 date nights.

crazy4chapstick
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Never. Rarely even go out as a family. It's just my daughter & I all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN