Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do You feel insecure if your hubby

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: If you both decided not to wear your wedding ring, would you feel insecure (hypothetical question)

Options:

Yes I would

No I would Not

Maybe

I depends

No Worries..

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 98

View Results

decided not to wear his wedding ring.. Well, Why would he not wear his wedding ring..I'm not going to say, there are many reasons,maybe weight gain..I guess this is a hypothetical question.. WOULD you feel insecure..and vice versa..

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We both don't right now, both because a little too small and never bothered to put on.. I have no problem..My marriage is not depicted by our rings.. We still gonna, fight, love and be hit on..Its how we handle ourselves..  :)

Treesa12
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Always trust.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

me and my husband don't wear wedding rings. we never had wedding rings. we had cheap rings just for the ceremony and they got put away. we aren't jewelry people. so it doesn't mean anything to us. 

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM

are you saying if you don't wear them, there is no trust? just curious..

Quoting Treesa12:

Always trust.

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM
If he chose not to wear it if would raise red flags. But since his is broken he doesn't wear it but would if it was fixed. I wear mine for me. It feels like people r judging if you are out without daddy and no ring. Insecure? Sure but not for reasons like lack of trust.
Kristanna
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I would but only because my DH loves his wedding ring and I have never ever seen him without it. Many men in his profession don't wear wedding rings but DH always has. So if one day he decided he wasn't going to wear it anymore, it would be a huge personality change and warning sign. 

deadlights86
by Emily on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol we stopped wearing our rings after maybe 6 months. I'm amazed I even know where they are. We trust each other 100% a hunk of metal on our fingers does not now or will ever have any effect on our marriage. My husband is a huge ass but he is mine and we will stand together till the end of time.
Treesa12
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We don't have to wear a ring.. To prove to ppl. I've been with him 15 yrs!'

Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Dh doesn't wear his at all anymore because of his job. If caught with it on he could be fired. So for that reason he doesn't even wear it on the days he is off. Just incase he forgets he's wearing it and has it on when he goes back to work. It's happen before, but luckily one of the guys he works with noticed it and told him before the safety man did noticed.
Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Wow.. sounds like a serious work hazard, I guest dealing with machinery..Yep, make sure he keep it off.. We do not wear ours for other reasons but it takes away nothing from our marriage..  :)

Quoting Jacqalyn:

Dh doesn't wear his at all anymore because of his job. If caught with it on he could be fired. So for that reason he doesn't even wear it on the days he is off. Just incase he forgets he's wearing it and has it on when he goes back to work. It's happen before, but luckily one of the guys he works with noticed it and told him before the safety man did noticed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)