Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

i'm feeling let down

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 20 Replies

today is our 6th anniversary. we ended up with sick kids so we had to stay home instead of going out of town for the day together then i woke up this morning with the same bug the kids have. all i wanted for our anniversary was to spend the day together and what did i get? DH went to his dads to watch football even though i asked him not to and got left behind with 3 sick kids a little help would have been nice. he swore up and down he'd be home by 4pm at the latest, he didn't come home until after 8 piss drunk and didn't even let me know he was home he just went up stairs and went to bed. i just want to cry

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd kill him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
northernmommy
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM

i want to, believe me. i tried talking to him about an hour ago to find out what excuse he had and he told me he fell asleep at his dads. he's plowed. i didn't think wanting to spend the day together was too much to ask for.

Quoting catrig:

I'd kill him.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I'm sorry. That was really rotten of him. I'd be pissed.. I hope you get better then what you need to do when you get better is leave the kids with him for the day and take yourself out. Buy yourself a nice dinner, get your nails and hair done and just relax while he watches the kids. Also make him pay for it!

furbabymum
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I get wanting to spend the day together and I think what he did was totally rotten. Howeve, a day together taking care of sick kids v. football...you can see which a guy would pick if allowed. Which is why I probably would have insisted quite firmly that my DH stay home and help me if I felt I needed it.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I'm sorry, hugs you have a just reason to feel let down. Try talking to him about how you feel and how much celebrating your special day means to you and set up plans for once you and the kids are better for a special outing and date for you two to have a raincheck and give him a second chance to try to make it up  to you. Goodluck

YVONNE

northernmommy
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I told him several times I wanted him to stay home and he blew me off making me sound unreasonable.

Quoting furbabymum:

I get wanting to spend the day together and I think what he did was totally rotten. Howeve, a day together taking care of sick kids v. football...you can see which a guy would pick if allowed. Which is why I probably would have insisted quite firmly that my DH stay home and help me if I felt I needed it.

furbabymum
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really evil or my DH is just really great. lol

Quoting northernmommy:

I told him several times I wanted him to stay home and he blew me off making me sound unreasonable.

Quoting furbabymum:

kidlover2
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I agree. I would never ask my husband to stay home in this situation, I would tell him. And he knows better than to ever ask.

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting northernmommy:

Quoting furbabymum:

northernmommy
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM
He used to be great. I don't know what happened.

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting northernmommy:

Quoting furbabymum:

furbabymum
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Yup. My DH was out Saturday and it was all fine and dandy until DD and DS started both waking up every hour. I was soon overwhelmed and exhausted. So at 1am I texted him to come home NOW and he did. Then, of course, DS stopped getting up. Figures!
Quoting kidlover2:

I agree. I would never ask my husband to stay home in this situation, I would tell him. And he knows better than to ever ask.

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting northernmommy:

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN