Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What Will You Do for Your Anniversary?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 44 Replies

Our 8th wedding anniversary is on Tuesday the 22nd, but we are celebrating this weekend! We have 3 kids, (7, 6, and 4) and live 50 miles from the nearest town with a decent restaurant, so we don't normally do anything for our anniversary.

The kids didn't have school Thursday or Friday and we had to go to my folks' place to work cows yesterday, so they kept the kids for us. We will be kid free till tomorrow (Sunday)!

We had a relaxing night last night, got what we needed to get done done today, and best of all, had an awesome supper of steak and lobster tail with baked potatoes tonight! (I still had to cook, but I actually got to eat warm food, since I didn't have to cut anyone else's food for them!)

What will you do for your anniversary!

Thanks for all the AWESOME replies! I am really jealous of a few of you--some of your anniversary plans would be so great. Hope you all enjoy your anniversaries as much as I enjoyed my "early" celebration!

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilTymomma
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Sounds nice. Umm,..we're not married yet and we can't figure out when we actually got together,.....so sadly we haven't celebrated any of our 4 yrs together.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Happy Anniversary! We typically do not do anything special. Dinner at home after we get the kids settled.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM

We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on sept 24th. Each year we look online in our area to see what fun things are going on and what we are both in  the mood for to do for fun to celebrate. This year since we both crazy obsessed with animals so much, we agreed we wanted to go to a petting zoo to interact with the animals and then we went to a world beer expo and hubby got taste tickets and got sample size mugs of whatever beers he wanted to taste and we made a day trip to touristy and quaint Frankenmuth MI and ate at their world famous Zehnders (chicken) restaurant. It was fun.

YVONNE

deadlights86
by Emily on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
We usually go out to eat and go to paces like goodwill or thrift stores. Would love to go to antique stores but our kids break everything
Caitlin10081989
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Congratulations on your 8th anniversary. 

Fields456
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Hopefully taking my dh to the texans game the day before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Happy Anniversary!

We usually just spend time together but our last anniversary was a milestone, so we celebrated by re-newing our vows.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM

not married, don't have an anniversary. Bump !

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Generally we have my mom watch the kiddos and go out to spend the day together... movie, dinner and/or lunch, window shopping, ice cream, etc..

printerr
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I suspect we'll go out to eat.  Our anniversary is New Year's Day, so we're off work for it every year, and there are some decent restaurants open on that day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN