Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ink

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

SO and I have been talking about getting tats for over a year now. Neither of us have any.

My youngest dd got her first just a few weeks ago, and SO said maybe we should get 'ours' done soon. The next thing I know, he's talking about getting them done over Thanksgiving and mine would be part of my Christmas present.

O?

I didn't know we had agreed on that... lol.

But, I'm thinking about it. I know I want 3 Cherry blossoms, for my 3 daughters, a bud, and a falling petal, to signify present, past, and future, along with the traditonal symbolism of the cherry blossom. 

Any tattoos ladies? How about your man?

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I have a tattoo of a wolf howling at the moon on my shoulder.  I also want a hummingbird on my arm and a tattoo for DD but I'm not sure what yet.  DH has DD's name and birthdate on his chest, his name on his forearm, and a design on his other forearm. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I have 3 tattoos. An arm band, ankle band and a large tree of life on my upper back. 

DH doesn't have any tattoos. 

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Dh and I have a matching tattoo of a heart (his is black mine is blue) with our initials. That is the only one I have. I also want the Roman numeral 6, VI with the lines above it in between my shoulder blades.

Dh has two other tattoos. One of a skeleton head with a welding helmet on (I hate that one lol, he got it 10 years ago) and the other one is a very intricate hourglass weaving all 4 kids' initials in and around it.
Jellybean1123
by Jocelyn on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I have 2 frogs on a branch on my calf with my children's names. I'll be getting another frog added to it come spring for my little one (due in 2 weeks). I also would like to get a flower on my ear, my mom has a tattoo on her ear and I just love the way it looks.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:02 PM

never heard of an ear tattoo..what part of the ear?

Quoting Jellybean1123:

I have 2 frogs on a branch on my calf with my children's names. I'll be getting another frog added to it come spring for my little one (due in 2 weeks). I also would like to get a flower on my ear, my mom has a tattoo on her ear and I just love the way it looks.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I have two tattoos and he has one large one.

BAMFSFW
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Do it!:)

My DH is covered. Two sleeves, one leg, back and chest. His ribs and other leg is next. I only have 5. We have ring initials too.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I have two, he has none.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:41 AM

I don't have any tattoos but love the permanence and sentimentality of meaningful ones especially for husband and kids but because they just aren't 'me' I am getting a bracelet soon with husband and 5 kids names engraved on it and all 6 of their birthstones I will wear 24/7 constantly (thats my alternative to a tattoo for me)

Oldest daughter almost 25 has karma tattooed on her wrist

Youngest daughter 20 has One Love tattooed on her to represent unity and love of diversity of all people

I'm tickled about the  girls choices of tattoos bc it shows how important the values I raised them with mean to them personally : )

I'm posting husband, Todd's tattoos in a separate post in a second....

YVONNE

catholicmamamia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Neither my husband nor I have tattoos.. not our style. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)