Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What Will You Do If Your Husband Did This?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 96 Replies

Last week my DH quit his job because a female employee had accussed him of making her feel uncomfortable. She told the HR dept that she didn't want him to speak to her and by him saying hi just made her mad. This is the same lady who had introduced herself to him and offered him a ride 3 weeks ago and now wanted to scream harassment. Anyway long story short. He was written up and was told to stop stalking her and that he was harassing her. Ummm, none of this occured but they made him the bad guy for being intelligent to at least speak to his coworkers like any other human would. He quit because they had falsly labeled him and created a bad environment in the workplace.

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be happy. First, I'd want him to clear his name and not be remembered as some pervert, especially since he isn't one. Second, the longer it took him to find a new job, the madder I'd get.  I would encourage him to go back to work and try to straighten things out, and write her up for filing false charges. Unless.... is he trying to file for unemployment and claim there was a hostile work environment?

kiwiskiwi29
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM
4 moms liked this

I would be mad about it because how would I know if my husband really did in fact make her uncomfortable and he was just lying to me? How do I know he wasn't the one to start it and didn't want me to know the truth?

sunshinegirl944
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Quoting kiwiskiwi29:

I would be mad about it because how would I know if my husband really did in fact make her uncomfortable and he was just lying to me? How do I know he wasn't the one to start it and didn't want me to know the truth?

Well, she admitted to HR that she was offering him rides to his building and that she had started the whole thing by introducing herself. This happened the first time when it was pouring down rain and then she stopped and gave him a ride 4 more times afterwards. She admitted that he never said anything inapproriate to her when he spoke. But the crazy part about this was that she told HR he was waiting for her outside the office every morning when she came to work.  His job required that he be in that area each day to begin working near the office area on a construction site. Yet she said he was waiting for her. This woman sounded delusional.

sunshinegirl944
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You made a very good point however, they never said anything to her about the false charges and sent her back to her office while they sat there for 1 hour harassing and accussing him for something that he didn't do. 

Quoting Pnukey:

I wouldn't be happy. First, I'd want him to clear his name and not be remembered as some pervert, especially since he isn't one. Second, the longer it took him to find a new job, the madder I'd get.  I would encourage him to go back to work and try to straighten things out, and write her up for filing false charges. Unless.... is he trying to file for unemployment and claim there was a hostile work environment?

sunshinegirl944
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yes, he went back and tried to sort things out and they told him that since he quit they offered his job to someone else.

Quoting Pnukey:

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Hmm I'd feel bad for him at first but then I'd tell him to get his name cleared and not let some one push him around.  DH has a huge temper so if they were accusing him of crap he didn't do he would fly off the handle and quit and I'd understand that.  However, I'd also be worried people actually believed the allegations and that it could possibly jeopardize any future jobs he applied for.

sunshinegirl944
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

He told HR that he will apply for unemployment but one of the managers told them that he will say the reason he quit because he was told to stop stalking her. He said that he will make him look bad. I'm not sure why this happened because he never gave them any problems and he was employed there for over 3 yrs with a very good work history. 

Quoting BonitaM:

Hmm I'd feel bad for him at first but then I'd tell him to get his name cleared and not let some one push him around.  DH has a huge temper so if they were accusing him of crap he didn't do he would fly off the handle and quit and I'd understand that.  However, I'd also be worried people actually believed the allegations and that it could possibly jeopardize any future jobs he applied for.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Hmm, sounds like management has her back and won't change their minds on it at all.  Is she new to the company?  Are there any ties to her and the mangers there? 

Quoting sunshinegirl944:

He told HR that he will apply for unemployment but one of the managers told them that he will say the reason he quit because he was told to stop stalking her. He said that he will make him look bad. I'm not sure why this happened because he never gave them any problems and he was employed there for over 3 yrs with a very good work history. 

Quoting BonitaM:

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
4 moms liked this

He's been there for 3 years. What about other coworkers? What do they have to say about him? If she confessed to management the things you said, then what grounds do they have to write him up? I personally would be livid if my dh quit over something like this.

sunshinegirl944
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM

No she's not new at all. She was there maybe a year before he started working there but he never knew her until she started offering him rides. As far as ties with management that's what I had wondered because they acted as if she was untouchable and that and one will get the ax if they bothered her. She works in the order dept answering calls.

Quoting BonitaM:

Hmm, sounds like management has her back and won't change their minds on it at all.  Is she new to the company?  Are there any ties to her and the mangers there? 

Quoting sunshinegirl944:

Quoting BonitaM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)