Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how did you meet your SO/DH

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 79 Replies
2 moms liked this
Honestly, I never believed in love at first sight. Then, I met my husband. I was not keen on going out with him, because he looked like a hulking, muscle bound redneck. Oh, he was sexy. Sexy as hell. But I'm from a small town in wv and I'm biracial. I know racists, and he was the very picture of the stereotype. We met online (POF), so I was extremely nervous about going out with him. But I agreed to meet him at my cousins place. All she does is date gang banging thugs. And I knew she would have some over. Shockingly he agreed to meet me. I stood out front and when he got out of the car, I almost passed out. He was taller and more muscle bound than his photos led me to believe. He was damn hot. But still looked like a bad side racist. I should be honest inn saying that by this time, we had exchanged some pretty dirty emails (just stories not pics) so I knew I was sexually attracted to the person in the email. But when he got out of that car and walked up to me...I thought I would pass out. Then he just kissed me. I have never been one to believe in love at first sight/kiss and I have never been one to sleep around or with randoms. But the man turned me into a fairy tale ho. Lol. I knew he was gonna be something special to me and we spent 3 days and nights together...mostly in bed. Now we are married and about to have our 4th child and I fall in love with him more and more every single day.

What is your story?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenGray
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

8th grade band room. He was in the back cleaning up the music sheets. I was the new kid. So my band teacher told me to find something to clean up. So I seen this lonley boy in the back and figured I'd help him. That was 13 yrs ago :) 

sfigu16
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I met mine in our PE class sophomore year 2006!

smac28
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Myspace. yup. 8 years ago :) We were friends for a few years then met then fell in love and got married and now on baby #2 :) Happy as can be.

posh417
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I was dating a guitarist and DH was the bassist. I started talking to DH occasionally at shows and we had a lot in common. We started hanging out after school and became best friends and I fell in love with him. We've been together 9 years, married 7.

Lorena
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I was meeting some friends under a walk bridge. ( we use to hang out, go summing, and get into a lot of trouble under that bridge.) Well my best guy friend brought one of his friends with him. The moment I saw him I knew I was going to marry him. Well life did not go as I had planned it that day. We started dating about 1 1/2 yrs later. We had 4 kids together but life was crazy and hard. We just never got around to getting married bit we both did some really carping things and broke up. Had our own lives but in the end found our way back to each other and got married. It still amazes me that it all started under a bridge 18 years ago.
Hadadat
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Sunday school. We were in the sam Catholic community, did Sunday school together while our parents attended Mass then went from 1st-8th grade together at the same Catholic school, nuns and all. In 2nd grade I told my mom I wanted to marry him because he made me laugh.

We lost touch through high school and college then reconnected 3 1/2 years ago.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

we met at Target back in 2000. We were co-workers.

balagan_imma
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My then boss invited him to come to lunch with us one day (she remet him at some event, but had known him in college) and she ditched us. That was over 20 years ago.

petamarie
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

l met him through water skiing... l was trying to learn a new trick and he pointed out what l was doing wrong... That was nearly 7 yrs ago, we're getting married next March....

gingermommy86
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
At a bar....almost 6 years ago... we were friends for a few months before we "hooked up"lol we finally started dating and 9mths later moved in together... then 1year and a half got married.. then a little over a year after that had our first daughter.. shes two now and im 27weeks with our second! Just bought our first house this summer! :-) when I first met him.. I never thought in a million years that we would marry and he would be the father of my children lol!! :-) but I wouldnt change our timeline together at all.. we took our time.. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)