Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how did you meet your SO/DH

Posted by   + Show Post
Honestly, I never believed in love at first sight. Then, I met my husband. I was not keen on going out with him, because he looked like a hulking, muscle bound redneck. Oh, he was sexy. Sexy as hell. But I'm from a small town in wv and I'm biracial. I know racists, and he was the very picture of the stereotype. We met online (POF), so I was extremely nervous about going out with him. But I agreed to meet him at my cousins place. All she does is date gang banging thugs. And I knew she would have some over. Shockingly he agreed to meet me. I stood out front and when he got out of the car, I almost passed out. He was taller and more muscle bound than his photos led me to believe. He was damn hot. But still looked like a bad side racist. I should be honest inn saying that by this time, we had exchanged some pretty dirty emails (just stories not pics) so I knew I was sexually attracted to the person in the email. But when he got out of that car and walked up to me...I thought I would pass out. Then he just kissed me. I have never been one to believe in love at first sight/kiss and I have never been one to sleep around or with randoms. But the man turned me into a fairy tale ho. Lol. I knew he was gonna be something special to me and we spent 3 days and nights together...mostly in bed. Now we are married and about to have our 4th child and I fall in love with him more and more every single day.

What is your story?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (71-79):
roseblossom90
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Mt. Nebo, between Summersville and Rainelle.

Quoting LuciBlue12:

We live in colliers out in bfe. What about you?

Quoting roseblossom90:

I live out in the middle of nowhere in WV and literally everybody around me is related to me in some way so boys that were dateable were hard to come by. Then my sister brought her bf over to my dad's house (I lived with my grandparents next door) and soon her bf was living with her. A couple months later he brought his best friend in to stay with them for a couple months. My sister was trying to hook me up with my now DH's cousin and trying to hook DH up with her best friend. She invited me to go out with her, her bf (now DH), my DH, and the girl she was trying to hook DH up with. I started hanging out with DH, my sister and now BIL after that.

A couple nights later I rode with the three of them to my BIL's grandparent's house. It was dark out and the lights in the house were giving me a head ache so I walked outside. DH followed me to make sure I didn't get hurt (BIL's grandparents live out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by woods and there was the risk of wild animals). We started walking around and I remembered that they owned chickens. That led me to thinking of foxes coming to get the chickens and I have an irrational fear of foxes. I told DH that and so he suggested I hold his hand to keep from being scared. He walked me over to a trampoline and helped me up on it. He soon laid down to look at the stars, and when he saw I was shivering he told me to lie down next to him and he would keep me warm. That was the safest I had ever felt outside at night in my life. And it was then that I fell in love with him.

We have been married for overtwo years now, have two beautiful daughters, and are more in love with each other than we ever were.

BTW, where in WV do you live OP? If you don't mind me asking that is.....

Amiana
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I met him when i was fourteen, my freshman year of highschool. I live in a very small town in texas. Nearly every guy was a football jock who lived for country music and weed. My guy (senior at the time) stood out like a sore thumb with his alt rock tee shirts and studded bracelets. What can i say? Bad boys lol. But i soon learned that, unlike the rest of the guys, my now-fiance and his two best friends didnt drink (near as often anyways) or do drugs so I couldnt resist. They were a breath of fresh air. He was also one of my friend's brother, but we weren't too close, so i had no idea about that til he brought me to meet his mom lol. Four years later, we now have two beautiful sons
hammack_linda
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My Exfiances best friend! I saw him when I got in the car with my ex fiancé and him and thought he was good looking. I was just in the car so I didn't get to see all of him and he tried desperately to show off to me. Then after all the showing off we all went to the top of a parking garage and stood up there looking at the sights. It was beautiful. Did I mention ex fiancé is the father of my child? Well he is. And his best friend, now exbestfriend, is my best friend and my amazing boyfriend I hope to marry one day. We talked on Facebook about my ex fiancé(we were hoping to get back together, my fiancé and I) and I became more and more attracted to him when I saw that he wasn't just a white boy as the night portrayed, he was a tan, muscular, tall man. And he was the most handsome man and was the most understanding and caring man I have ever talked to. He now acts as though my daughter is his own and we raise her how we think she oughta be raised. Long story short, he bought me a giant bear and giant card for valentines day and let my ex fiancé pretend he got it (I always thought there was something fishy about that, ex fiancé never bought me anything before, not even on Mother's Day) and I went to school raving about the card and bear, (thinking my ex had gotten it) but showed everyone the beautiful picture I had taken of him holding my baby, with his amazing smile. I showed this picture off for about a month and then he asked me over for dinner. I told him we could date but that's all and then finally he asked me to be his girlfriend (he'd never had a real girlfriend before) and that was it. <3 were amazing together, and somehow make it through all the arguments with a hug an a kiss on the cheek.
tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Well my hubby came into the store I was working at to see his cousin and then ask me out to lunch I did not like him at all.

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother introduced us.
alexisb3
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Through my friend/brother in law Billy 15 years ago.My husband Charlie saw I was the right one and we have been married for 12 years,will be 13 years in 5 days

jessicalahlah
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Online.

Clubpenguin
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

That's kind of like a romance novel.lol

Clubpenguin
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Quoting BamaMomto4:

I was in 6th grade. He was a senior in high school. I was 12. He was 18. The first time I met him I spent the night at his house.

And now, just for the heck of it and to see who jumps to what conclusions I will wait for a few responses to this post before I give any further explanations . :-)

We're you friends with his little sister?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN