Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

second marriage

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
Me and my Boyfriend been dating for almost 2 years now. We love each other so much. But he is telling me that we are husband, wife but I been married before and I just don't want to get hurt or got to court for a d. So I need some advice and some options please. Thank you
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sfigu16
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Just give it time

dont rush it, enjoy the simplicity of a relationship. Build it with love and communication. The past is the past

lashea727
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Thank you cause it's a big step and we haven't talk about it yet. I still love him and my kids like him too

Quoting sfigu16:

Just give it time

dont rush it, enjoy the simplicity of a relationship. Build it with love and communication. The past is the past

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I don't see the rush. It's takes time to trust again and heal from a brake up/ divorce. In time you may want to marry again. Hopefully he can understand that. Have you ever been to counseling?

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM

huh?

Sorry, but I have no clue what that means.

Quoting lashea727:

. But he is telling me that we are husband, wife but I been married before and I just don't want to get hurt or got to court for a d.

As far as remarrying, that totally depends on your current mental and emotional health.

Have you learned to love yourself as you are? Have you learned  how to be   independent? Do you know how to keep yourself emotionally  healthy? Are you  in the relationship simply because you feel you need a partner in order to be complete, or to have someone around to rely on and help you out?  How are your finances?

I've never been for for living together before marriage, but I think it's a good idea, now that I am divorced myself, to spend time really living with someone before you commit to another marriage. Just so you can see them in their true day to day life.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

lashea727
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Yes I got talk to my therapist and IM over it and IM happy now

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I don't see the rush. It's takes time to trust again and heal from a brake up/ divorce. In time you may want to marry again. Hopefully he can understand that. Have you ever been to counseling?

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Quoting lashea727:

Quoting AlannaMaria:

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Oh good!!

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting lashea727:

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)