Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If your husband gave you $100....

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 246 Replies

What would you go buy?

My husband teaches one night a week, and he gets paid monthly at the end of the month.  Since it is just extra money,  he (we) decided that, as long as all of our bills are caught up, each of us will get $100 spending money and the rest go to our savings account. 

So I have $100 today to go shopping with but have no clue what I want! I have plenty of clothes, makeup, and running atire/accessories (which is what I normally spend my money on). Plus it's REALLY hard for me to spend money on myself.  I always end up spending money "just for me" on the kids.  But they have everything they need too :-P

What would YOU buy?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Nikes!
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

My husband doesn't ever give me money, I make my own.

That said, with a hundred extra dollars I'd make a Sephora run. There is always something new to try. 

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I said "IF" ;)

I make my own money too but I only work one day a week, and that money goes towards my student loans. :-P

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

That said, with a hundred extra dollars I'd make a Sephora run. There is always something new to try. 

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM
10 moms liked this

My DH was just looking over my shoulder, and said "Tell her how you had to earn it!"  Hahaha we just had some "adult" time, lol!! (I did not "earn" it, he just thinks he's funny haha!)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Well, then forgive me for being literal, but you don't really make your own spending money, do you?

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I said "IF" ;)

I make my own money too but I only work one day a week, and that money goes towards my student loans. :-P

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

nothing. I refuse to ever buy myself anything. I would just stick it in the savings or wait for a good restaurant coupon to eat with the family.

OliviaW.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe save it and then decide on something.
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
6 moms liked this

I am kind of confused as to how you can take what I have written and turn it into some kind of drama. I was in a playing mood but you are being serious.  Basically what am I asking is if you have an extra $100 what would you buy.  Who cares where it came from?  My husband's money is my money, and my money is my husband's money.  I do make extra money sometimes from my checks but I usually put extra money into savings or put it into the kids account, and same with what DH does with his check. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Well, then forgive me for being literal, but you don't really make your own spending money, do you?

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I said "IF" ;)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

reche1978
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

clothes I never get myself anything or I would see if he wants to combine it and take the $200 and go to a bed and breakfast with him

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I would go to Marshall's and get the black boots I saw.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN