Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If your husband gave you $100....

What would you go buy?

My husband teaches one night a week, and he gets paid monthly at the end of the month.  Since it is just extra money,  he (we) decided that, as long as all of our bills are caught up, each of us will get $100 spending money and the rest go to our savings account. 

So I have $100 today to go shopping with but have no clue what I want! I have plenty of clothes, makeup, and running atire/accessories (which is what I normally spend my money on). Plus it's REALLY hard for me to spend money on myself.  I always end up spending money "just for me" on the kids.  But they have everything they need too :-P

What would YOU buy?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I LOVE Marshall's.  That's a good idea. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would go to Marshall's and get the black boots I saw.

KatLee42513
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I don't wear makeup. Im not a typical girl. I'd probably hit up goodwill & the local organic food store :)
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Because I'm a dramatic person, DUH!

Seriously, I'd go to Sephora. That's about it. 

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I am kind of confused as to how you can take what I have written and turn it into some kind of drama. I was in a playing mood but you are being serious.  Basically what am I asking is if you have an extra $100 what would you buy.  Who cares where it came from?  My husband's money is my money, and my money is my husband's money.  I do make extra money sometimes from my checks but I usually put extra money into savings or put it into the kids account, and same with what DH does with his check. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Well, then forgive me for being literal, but you don't really make your own spending money, do you?

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I said "IF" ;)

I make my own money too but I only work one day a week, and that money goes towards my student loans. :-P

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

My husband doesn't ever give me money, I make my own.

That said, with a hundred extra dollars I'd make a Sephora run. There is always something new to try. 

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
If it's going to be a monthly thing I would probably save it up until I could buy something big that I had been wanting.
WifeyMommy2011
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd buy jeans, get my nose pierced(been wanting that for years Lol), a necklace, and a cute outfit for my son.

But that's me. Lol
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Is it bad that I just had to google what Sephora was? It looks like there's one in my mall and it's a kind of store I would LOVE!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Because I'm a dramatic person, DUH!

Seriously, I'd go to Sephora. That's about it. 

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I am kind of confused as to how you can take what I have written and turn it into some kind of drama. I was in a playing mood but you are being serious.  Basically what am I asking is if you have an extra $100 what would you buy.  Who cares where it came from?  My husband's money is my money, and my money is my husband's money.  I do make extra money sometimes from my checks but I usually put extra money into savings or put it into the kids account, and same with what DH does with his check. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Well, then forgive me for being literal, but you don't really make your own spending money, do you?

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I said "IF" ;)

I make my own money too but I only work one day a week, and that money goes towards my student loans. :-P

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

My husband doesn't ever give me money, I make my own.

That said, with a hundred extra dollars I'd make a Sephora run. There is always something new to try. 

deadlights86
by Emily on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
3 moms liked this
Hmm I would probably hit up bath and body works I want a pumpkin candle.
reche1978
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

actually I change my mind lol I would save the $200 and take a family vacation after 1-2 years a really nice one

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

o geez...

First of all, I have to say, I LOVE your screen name! lol.

Secondly.. not married. One hundred extra a month, ... if bills were truly caught up, I'd probably buy clothes. My wardrobe is sorely lacking .... or I'd spend it on things the house needs.. new floors, appliances, paint, etc, which isn't your situation.

If bills were caught up and I didn't need anything, I'd probably stash it away and save it for a BIG thing, like maybe a NICE vacation, if you're all set for retirement, college savings, etc

CotterpinDoozer
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I'd probably do lunch out with DD and buy myself a pair of new boots :) 

When I get bonuses in my check I usually put most in savings and save 50 as fun money. You could also save it until you see something you'd really like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)