Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If your husband gave you $100....

What would you go buy?

My husband teaches one night a week, and he gets paid monthly at the end of the month.  Since it is just extra money,  he (we) decided that, as long as all of our bills are caught up, each of us will get $100 spending money and the rest go to our savings account. 

So I have $100 today to go shopping with but have no clue what I want! I have plenty of clothes, makeup, and running atire/accessories (which is what I normally spend my money on). Plus it's REALLY hard for me to spend money on myself.  I always end up spending money "just for me" on the kids.  But they have everything they need too :-P

What would YOU buy?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (31-40):
thenameshailie
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
buy some craft supplies, maybe get a hair cut and go to lunch alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Akunkle1
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Whenever I get money, whatever the amount, I save it until I find something I really like.

MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM

How pathetic am I that I actually think that sweater is cute, lol.

To answer your question tho, if I had an extra $100 and had nothing to spend it on because I already had everything, I personally would make a donation to a charitable cause. Either my local animal shelter or St. Jude's those are my favs and it gives me an allover good feeling for longer than anything I can buy at a store. 

Quoting OMGLasersPOWPOW:

I went to goodwill on Friday because I had to get an ugly sweater fora  party 
(I won BTW, thanks to the Goodwill Giraffe!! This is my win face)

Quoting KatLee42513:

I don't wear makeup. Im not a typical girl. I'd probably hit up goodwill & the local organic food store :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

powow65
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Duh Christmas is coming, go buy stuff for family/friends.

That's what I would do.
But I have my own $$$$.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be in Sephora in a heartbeat.. funny since I just got the birthday postcard in the mail and was telling him I was going to go. He handed me $50 and said have fun LOL

AiLi
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I'd probably go out to eat and that would be it.

eesmommy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I would go pay for someones gas or groceries or buy something for someone I know who I know wouldn't get whatever... even if it was as simple as a bag of groceries for a needy family or a pair of shoes to replace those holey ones you see on their feet.
Amiana
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I might take my boys to a museum or somewhere fun. If it was nice lol i may take them to the zoo and get us all little souvineers like stuffed animals. Ima nerd so i may enjoy a stuffed dolphin more than theyd like their pick lol. Whichever we go to though id pack some lunchables or something and have a picnic. :-)
AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Work out clothes or a polar heart rate monitor for working out.
MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Probably use it as tipping money when I go to the spa for the day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN