Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Anyone remarried?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 74 Replies
Hello ladies. If you are remarried how did you know it was time to end your first marriage? I keep going through moods of unhappiness since my dh and I got married almost 3yrs ago. I will be happy and everything will be fine, but then out of nowhere I will get depressed and not want to do anything with my dh. We also keep having the same argument about cleaning and our kids, its not getting any better and I can't stand iy anymore. So for the ladies remarried how did you know it was time to call it quits and move on? TIA.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigea
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have an answer for you because I got divorced about 30 years ago.  Those memories and feelings have faded.   I know we fought about parenting and household stuff.

If I'd known my current DH then, and we'd had to raise kids together, I'm sure the arguments would have been the same.

But the 2 of us now, are just good friends and support what ever the other wants and needs. We met when all our kids were grown and gone.

Raising my kids alone was a long, lonely hard time.  And due to divorce and remarriage my daughter's kids have 8 grandparents!!!!!  Good - sort of.  An impossible pain at holiday time.

So, I guess I think - figure out if you can make it work together and raise your kids together.  It will be worth it if you can learn again to be in love and to be good friends.

Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When he had his life and I had mine. We rarely did anything together. Seen each other in the passing. It was time for me to move on and I am so glad I did! I have found now my soulmate!

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex was absuive and lazy. I can't believe I even stayed for as long as I did.
kris0921
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I am trying to keep it together and stay, because I know it will stop just don't know when, and I am tired of this happening. I feel now maybe we jumped into our marriage and I don't like this feeling.

Quoting paigea:

I don't have an answer for you because I got divorced about 30 years ago.  Those memories and feelings have faded.   I know we fought about parenting and household stuff.

If I'd known my current DH then, and we'd had to raise kids together, I'm sure the arguments would have been the same.

But the 2 of us now, are just good friends and support what ever the other wants and needs. We met when all our kids were grown and gone.

Raising my kids alone was a long, lonely hard time.  And due to divorce and remarriage my daughter's kids have 8 grandparents!!!!!  Good - sort of.  An impossible pain at holiday time.

So, I guess I think - figure out if you can make it work together and raise your kids together.  It will be worth it if you can learn again to be in love and to be good friends.

kris0921
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I feel sometimes like we are roommates instead of husband and wife. I hate it.

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

When he had his life and I had mine. We rarely did anything together. Seen each other in the passing. It was time for me to move on and I have so glad I did! I have found now my soulmate!

kris0921
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM
My ex was abusive. I am glad I didn't marry him, I almost did. Glad you found your soulmate.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Thank you. He's everything and then some! We've been together for almost 8 yrs and I don't think I would ever get tired of him! That's how I know he's the one.

Quoting kris0921:

My ex was abusive. I am glad I didn't marry him, I almost did. Glad you found your soulmate.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

OhSara87
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex chose his sex addiction and gaming over me and our ds. The day he said that our vows were meaningless and that he wanted an open relationship.

I'm still in the midst of divorcing him but engaged after 2 years of separation and expecting baby no.2 come January
kris0921
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Congrats on baby. Hope it works out this time for you.

Quoting OhSara87:

My ex chose his sex addiction and gaming over me and our ds. The day he said that our vows were meaningless and that he wanted an open relationship.

I'm still in the midst of divorcing him but engaged after 2 years of separation and expecting baby no.2 come January

ZsMommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Time to end my first marriage came 6 mo's into the "marriage" and the so called HS sweetheart I eloped with after HS decided I was property and became physically violent. Add in mental and verbal abuse-Yeah-I was 18 and made a mistake (we dated 2 years in HS)-took 6 years of playing his mind games (dude is mentally unstable) to get him to "agree" to "release" me (believe me-I wanted out much sooner-but the guy would literally tell me how exactly how he wanted to kill me and what he wanted to do with my dead body-Oh yeah-"Sleeping with the enemy" -That was my life.

So after he finally agreed I spent the next 9 years single-ish,independent and enjoying my 20's.

I met my (now) husband when I was 29...We married when I was 30 and will be married 14 years next month-we both just knew.

As for you two-3 years is diddley squat-if you (BOTH) want it to work you need to talk it out and stop arguing about how to clean and parent,learn to compromise. If he's a good guy at heart then it's worth saving. If he's abusive-get out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)