Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Hello ladies. If you are remarried how did you know it was time to end your first marriage? I keep going through moods of unhappiness since my dh and I got married almost 3yrs ago. I will be happy and everything will be fine, but then out of nowhere I will get depressed and not want to do anything with my dh. We also keep having the same argument about cleaning and our kids, its not getting any better and I can't stand iy anymore. So for the ladies remarried how did you know it was time to call it quits and move on? TIA.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (71-74):
kris0921
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM
We are going Friday for counseling. I want to try, but it's hard.

Quoting createive:

I am divored and married to another man.

How did I know...it took several years for me. We went to counseling and I tried really hard. But one day I said "ok, I don't love you either, time to find you a place."  But this took 3 years. It was a funny feeling suddenly I just got it, this wasn't going to work. By the time he tried to get me back it was too late.

BTW my ex had an affair, I did try to get beyond it. And I did but he kept saying "I'm not IN love with you, I don't know if i want these kids, I don't knowif I want this life"

Think long and hard before you decide to get divorced. Especailly if you have children. Divorce is hard on everyone and everything, visitation, holidays, money, insurance, lawyers I could go on forever. And what if the divorce gets nasty? Not to mention dating. I'm older it gets harder to meet people when you're 45.

Can you go to counseling?

Try to do what you can to be as sure as you can. I did and I don't look back with reget. It was and is tough on both me and the girls.

But in the long run, we are both better parents, have better homes 4 years after he left I have married what I think and hope is the man I will live the rest of my life with. He is perfect for me.

createive
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Try hard. Don't have regrets.

Good luck!

Quoting kris0921:

Quoting createive:

How did I know...it took several years for me. We went to counseling and I tried really hard. But one day I said "ok, I don't love you either, time to find you a place."  But this took 3 years. It was a funny feeling suddenly I just got it, this wasn't going to work. By the time he tried to get me back it was too late.

BTW my ex had an affair, I did try to get beyond it. And I did but he kept saying "I'm not IN love with you, I don't know if i want these kids, I don't knowif I want this life"

Think long and hard before you decide to get divorced. Especailly if you have children. Divorce is hard on everyone and everything, visitation, holidays, money, insurance, lawyers I could go on forever. And what if the divorce gets nasty? Not to mention dating. I'm older it gets harder to meet people when you're 45.

Try to do what you can to be as sure as you can. I did and I don't look back with reget. It was and is tough on both me and the girls.

But in the long run, we are both better parents, have better homes 4 years after he left I have married what I think and hope is the man I will live the rest of my life with. He is perfect for me.

kris0921
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM
That's why I am going. I don't want to be the reason my family split up, but I don't want to stay unhappy in a marriage. Thank you.

Quoting createive:

Try hard. Don't have regrets.

Good luck!

Quoting kris0921:

Quoting createive:

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN