Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What to do?!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
OK, my DH has decided to cancel his cell phone. I told him that I don't think it's a good idea. I've told him that what if it's an emergency (e.g. our DS gets sick, his car breaks down), he says he'll walk 2 a gas station to use a payphone and/or home (we live 15 mins away...that's driving distance). I don't get why he wants to do that. He says because it's too expensive (ok, $26/mo.) He hardly uses it, but I don't see why he wouldn't want to get a cheap flip phone, but he insists he doesn't want it at all since I'm the only one who calls and/or texts. Is there ANY other way I can persuade him to keep a cell phone?
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leanntx
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM
How are you supposed to reach him in an emergency?
PadysMomy
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM

All I have is his office and/or our home phone. But if he's not at either of those places, what am I supposed to do?!

Quoting leanntx:

How are you supposed to reach him in an emergency?

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Is money really tight?

When I was out shopping one day,before I owned a cellphone, my daughter was home with S/O. She had a seizure. When I got home I had a bunch of cars in the yard. My daughter had already been rushed to the hospital. (cars were other family members watching our other kids while S/O went with our daughter) I jumped in the car and get to the hospital, but she had already been airlifted to another hospital. I will never go without a cellphone again.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I would ask him how he would feel if there was an emergency with either you or his child and you can't get in touch with him.
Payphones are going to be obsolete soon.
Why not get a cheap $10 prepaid phone that is only for emergencies?
AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Wow! I couldn't imagine coming home to that. You must have been out of your mind!

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Is money really tight?

When I was out shopping one day,before I owned a cellphone, my daughter was home with S/O. She had a seizure. When I got home I had a bunch of cars in the yard. My daughter had already been rushed to the hospital. (cars were other family members watching our other kids while S/O went with our daughter) I jumped in the car and get to the hospital, but she had already been airlifted to another hospital. I will never go without a cellphone again.

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I would just buy him a cheap trac phone for emergencies.
Outspoken.Mime
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I don't see why anyone wouldn't have a prepaid phone for emergencies.  He is going to feel panicked when he gets to that gas station and realizes they don't have payphones anymore.

And what if something happens to you and your kid cannot reach him?

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

So let him drop it. What do you think people did before cell phones? DIED??

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Scariest day of my life. It was a prolonged febrile seizure. She was unconscious for 5 hours.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Wow! I couldn't imagine coming home to that. You must have been out of your mind!

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Is money really tight?

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Omg! I couldn't imagine. Does it still happen to her?

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Scariest day of my life. It was a prolonged febrile seizure. She was unconscious for 5 hours.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Is money really tight?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)