Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What's the craziest thing you ever did to get revenge or feel better after a bad breakup?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

Man Gets Back at Ex-Wife By Chucking $500K Life Savings in Dumpster

by Lisa Fogarty 

Blame the masochist in me, but sometimes I fantasize about what I would do if my husband suddenly announced he wanted a divorce. The scenario usually plays out in my head in the following way: I walk into our apartment and catch him in the middle of having sex with some woman he'd been carrying on a hot affair with for months. I am shaken but composed. I say something super classy and snarky, throw them both out, and make myself a strong drink as I contemplate the next step.

Yeah right. In reality, I could see wanting to instead follow the footsteps of this Colorado husband, who had the couple's life savings of $500,000 turned into gold and then tossed into a dumpster so that his ex-wife couldn't get her hands on one red cent. In other words, I'd want to do something totally demented.

Earl Ray Jones, who is 52, is probably taking this divorce way more to heart than most people would. When he was ordered by a judge to pay his wife of 25 years $3,000 a month after their divorce was settled, he flipped out. He tried to withdraw all of the money out of the couple's retirement fund, but was told by the bank he could only convert it to gold and silver bars -- which is completely odd, but okay. According to a sworn statement made by this husband, he would have gladly played Robin Hood by giving out $100 bills to strangers on the street that day but instead chucked the gold into a dumpster so no one could have it.

Good one, Earl. Unless you have lots of secret cash stashed somewhere, you kind of screwed yourself, too. 

I don't know about you, but I've done some pretty stupid things -- mainly to hurt myself -- after a bad breakup. When you combine jealousy, anger, and the awful realization that the life you thought you'd set up has gone down the toilet in a flash, it becomes very easy to make excuses for your bad choices. But for goodness' sake, go on a bender that gives you a two-day-long hangover. Kiss a questionable stranger who has a bad haircut and no job. Buy a pair of expensive shoes. Then move on with your life. 

What's the craziest thing you ever did to get revenge or feel better after a bad breakup?

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM

When hubby and I split up, I took everything that was technically mine in the house.....which was almost everything in the house, moved in with my sister and went to college and to get over DH I got under someone else.  Being happy on my own was the best revenge and it also made him realize all that he lost.  I'm glad he didn't give up and we are back together again but I'm proud of myself for surviving something I never thought I could.

Serenity1613
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I was upset of course(my bf at the time broke up with me to be with my sister), but I did nothing at all about it except move on. Apparently that drives THEM crazy. Lol.

Texasladybug84
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I told my x dh I was preggo by the guy he absolutely hated lol
amazingspice
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I found out he cheating and had someone pregnant. I gave away my ex's Polo collection of jackets and clothing to the goodwill. When he asked where it was I told him I dont know u and have a nice life.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Well once I got into a fight w/his new girlfriend.. Ended our friendship but wow did I feel better she was not nice at all to anyone!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
My ex rented a TV from some place. He moved out of state with the intention of me following later,he wanted to make payments. Mmmmm later I found out he took his ex with him&they had my house hold goods/furniture! Anyways the rental company kept calling so I gave them all the info to track him down! I told him he pretty much stole the TV. Lol
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

eh. not much.

The ex dh took a lot of things out of the house that were gifts he had given to  me... a briefcase, dried flower arrangement, Australian duster, and a wedding gift that was a pen & ink drawing a friend had done for our wedding.

I had to come up with $110,000 in stocks or case to hand over to him. Well, I was not going to transfer stock and let him benefit from the research and portfolio building I had done. So, I met with a representative to find out what would be the best stocks to dump, sold them (racking up a tidy loss to use for the coming income tax files) and transferred cash to his account. What did he do? Just as I figured.. put some into his rollover 401K, leaving a lot in cash that racks up a total of $.04 a month in interest, and he's spent some on buying himself a house, and blew the rest on motorcylces, trailers, and tractors. Toys, toys, toys.

Living well is the best revenge. I am broke for now, but in a few years' time I suspect I will have recovered very well

artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM

cut the long hair he liked, and colored it red.

debbiekc1975
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM
When my ex had an affair and left me for her I was devastated ( we had been together since high school--a total of 13 years and married 6) so the best revenge was that all his friends were pissed at what he had done to me so they all would have nothing to do with him. He was also on a volunteer fire dept and they had a meeting and voted him out of his position and no one wanted to partner with him ( I had nothing to do with any of this). What I did do ( once out divorce was started) was sleep with his best friend. Then once the divorce was done and he had come and got what he wanted at the house I sold some ( like his Atari, tools, baseball card collection etc --- things he forgot he had that were in back of a closet) and burned all his clothes, my wedding dress etc. Then I moved on :-) he's still with her but miserable and I'm married to a great man and very happy.
newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Cut my hair from shoulder length to a Rihanna short style.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN