Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you have in common & how much age difference is there between you?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 84 Replies

In the post "age is just a #"  I noticed a reply mentioning something about what a 40 year old could have in common with a 20 year old.  I've seen that sort of statment in many posts about age differences over the years on cafemom.  That got me thinking, what does any couple have in common?  There is so much more to a person than where they grew up, what movies they like, music, etc..    So I wanted to ask:

How much age difference do you have? 
How old were you when you got together?
What did/do you have in common?

Thanks for sharing!
Krys.

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I am 9 years older then my husband, we a ton in common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM

3 months

we both love and are very family oriented, we love football, baseball and golf, we like to travel. we enjoy dining our occasionaly. we love the beach but also have fun when we have gone to the mountains. We both live our life with integrity, are morally sound.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

runinpinkshoes
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is 6 years older than me (41 & 35). He was 39 and I was 33 when we met. We have a lot in common - we also have some differences. Both superficially and in personality traits. But our core values and perspectives on life are very similar.

What makes us work is neither one of us "acts our age" - we're both young at heart. Plus we're madly in love and respect each other and all that other stuff.

jojo_star
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
There are almost 13 years between us. I am 25, my husband is 38. We met and married when I was 18, he was 30. We did and do have a lot in common. I had a five year old, he had a 7 year old. We share the same taste in music, food, and entertainment. We have similar parenting styles and political values. We have a lot in common, and are just different enough to make life fun and interesting. We've been married 7 years and have an amazing marriage.
indymom72
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm older by a year and a half. When we met I was 30 and he was 28.  We have things in common, but are very different at the same time. I think as long as you are able to grow and adapt to each others changes any couple can make it.  I'm certainly not the same person I was 11 years ago, but we're still going strong. :)

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:18 AM
There is 4 months between us

He was turning 19 a week after we got together, I was still 18

We like a lot of the same foods, we both knew we wanted kids, and close together. We are both stubborn :-/ we are both driven to do everything we can for the family, me as a SAHM, him out working, bringing in money. We have the same sense of humour mostly
barrelracer1699
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:20 AM

We are just over a year appart in age. We got together when I was 17 and he was 18. We both enjoy the outdoors and the country. We both enjoy our horses, which is a good thing as they were my life before my kids.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM
We are 2 months apart. There isn't much of anything we don't have in common. We have been friends since we were about 15, together since we were about 20 and we're now 34.
MelanieMans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM
My husband is 6 months older than me. We met when we were 19 and got married when we were 20. We have a lot in common, we talk about stuff from our childhood, we like alot of the same movies and shows, we have the same sense of humor. We are soul mates.
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM

How much age difference do you have?  We are 4 months apart in age. I am older. We are 38.
How old were you when you got together? 16
What did/do you have in common? We are both runners, love to read, we both love 80's music/movies, we love to travel...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)