Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does you DH/SO help?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 67 Replies
Prepare Thanksgiving Dinner? What does he usually help out with?
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

NO but he and the boys clean up after. He carves the trukey IF that counts  LOL

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

He smokes the turkey, salmon, whatever meat dish we have.  I do everything else. (This is for our thanksgiving with friends, we go to our big family thanksgiving at my MIL's house and at my aunt's house, there I just bring sides)

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

He's always willing to help with anything. We are hosting at our house this year, so he will help out a ton. He usually helps make at least one or two of the side dishes.

Serenity1613
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

He helps with just about everything. I secretly think he just likes taste-testing all of the food. ;)

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I prefer for him to stay out of the kitchen while I'm cooking the holiday meals.

KJH_KMH_MOM
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

we do it together... neither of our family is near us so we get in the kitchen and do all day cooking together... it fun and gives us time to bond even more as a couple

by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol! We do Thanksgiving at my moms and the women cook--well, mostly mom and grandma. Me and my sister will help with the table--and the men eat. 

If I ask my husband to do something, like set up the other table or get extra chairs or whatever, he will do it no quesitons asked though. 

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, no, not at all. It's all on me, clean up too. I think I set myself up for it though years ago because I forbid anyone to be in MY kitchen while I'm cooking, so naturally that's been taken advantage of over the years. Now, even if I do ask for help, I get, "no, no, I don't want to get in your way, I'll just let you handle it". He will run to the store for last minute things for me though, even if I send him out several times, so I gotta give him credit for that.

Aramat34
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Of course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)