Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever been tempted to get revenge?

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

‘Homewrecker’ Website Exposes the Other Woman to the World

by Rebecca Stokes

cheaterRelationships fall apart every day. That's one of their defining characteristics. After all, they can only go one of two ways. Either you stay with someone forever, or you eventually break up. What causes the breakups, now that's where the possibilities truly become endless.

One of the ickiest ways of losing a partner is finding out that they were cheating on you with someone else. This hurts no matter what state your relationship was in. Very often, you might have been thinking about ending things yourself. You aren't hurt by cheating exclusively because you're crazy in love. You're hurt because of the lying.

More from The Stir: 10 Classic Signs Your Man Might Be Cheating

Of course, that's all easy to say when you aren't in the thick of it. When you've discovered that your paramour is para-ing with someone else, it's tough to be, uh, remotely objective. Easier by far to point the finger of blame. Point it at him or, better yet, at the homewrecking hussy who trashed your beautiful relationship! There is a reason so many cliches exist about batshit exes -- cheat on a woman and get caught? The result will not be a pleasant one ... for anyone

That doesn't mean lashing out is going to help things. Very often, it makes things worse. Take this website dedicated to "destroying" the life of "homewreckers." On the site, the names, photos, and personal information of women called "homewreckers" are displayed for all and sundry. It's like a virtual blame book -- only the authors are adult, not immature teens.

Here's why this is a terrible idea, in case that wasn't clear enough already. How many of these women do you think knew that they were seeing men already in a relationship? Because kid, if he's lying to you -- what's gonna keep him from lying to his next bit of strange? Nada, my friend. The answer is nada. It's also INHERENTLY SEXIST to punish the woman this way. Rather than be furious -- in a healthy way, of course -- at the person who violated your trust, you're going after another lady? Screw that. With a website like this, nobody wins.

Have you ever been tempted to get revenge when you found out your partner was cheating?

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I've never been cheated on so I can't answer this.  I don't think I would get revenge though, as much as I would want to. 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

No, revenge never crossed my mind.....I just left. 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Nope not revenge but a nice payback in some way I would not cheat but he would play hell w/me being nice for a very long time... I would go into B*tch mode and everyone hates that part of me :)

abuckalew
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I did that once. He didn't cheat tho (he was inattentive to me and wanted to party all the time), but cheating was my way of getting back at him. Lesson learned, won't do it again. We divorced and im remarried, but dh cheated id just cut him loose. I won't put myself in that position again
amazingspice
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yes...But i feel ppl should honest and not cheat!!

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Thanks for posting

Lil_Wolf
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Yes, I thought about it. I contemplated several different ways to get at both my now xh & my cousin & then realized that the best revenge would be to let her have him knowing all that he had done to me would happen to her, & for me to move on to bigger & better things. Have to say I couldn't have made a better choice. I have a great husband who truly loves me & whom I truly love & we are expecting our first child in May. I couldn't be any happier.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Never been cheated on.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I once put sugar in someone's gas tank. That was a LOOOOOOONG time ago now. 

I still don't regret it. ;-)

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Oh, I also started a rumor that this one girl had herpes. It turned out to be true, LMAO. So really, it was less a rumor, and more a PSA. Glad I never "went there" with the guy who cheated on me after that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)