Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday's and family

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 30 Replies

So do you have a big get together or ??

Share what you do

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Nope just the 3 of us that is all and a friend sometimes...

No family in FL!

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

We are going home to visit our Family in Fl. WHere abouts is your family from? Both of our families live just outside of Orlando, in smaller cities called Winter Garden and Clermont. However my parents just sold their home in FL and are moving to Cleveland TN next week!

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
We use to when until we moved 16hrs away from family. I have a huge family and holidays are big. It will be 7 of us for Christmas this year.
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

For Christmas and Easter I go to my parents.  All 3 of us girls and our families will go there for those 2 holidays.  My parents don't celebrate any other holidays so we each do our own thing with our own little families. 

KJH_KMH_MOM
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM

all mine and dh'd family live in other states so we just do our own little thing at home. BUILDING OUR OWN TRADITIONS

Fayanne
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM

well... for many many many years, I had a very large gathering on Christmas Eve, usually following the candlelight ceremony at church. TONS of food, lots of people (sometimes over 30) and, I always had a basket, bowl, or tree of ornaments I'd purchased specifically for that gathering. Every guest got to take one home and put it on their tree.

Haven't done that in a few years. The divorce ripped the family apart, two of my daughters no longer spoke to me, (now down to only one not speaking), .. I no longer have the money to spend on such lavish things, and the house has fallen into disrepair.

I have entertained the idea of trying to do something very very scaled down this year, but I doubt I will be able to get the house put together into any form of presentable shape by then.

beeky
by Alexandra on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

We have no local family.  They are all, either in another province or in England.

lashea727
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It's just me and my my family, my Boyfriend for Thanksgiving, I don't know about Christmas cause IM moving to another city
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Usually just DH, I and our 7 kids. Sometimes we might have a few friends.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We live thousands of miles from any family. It's always just the three of us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)