Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

The secret to a happy marriage! Is this part of your marriage?

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I just read HERE that the secret to a happy marriage is Kindness.  The article in question is almost a year old but that's not that long ago. What do you think?    Agree?  Disagree?  Do you have that in your marriage? 

Thanks for sharing!
Krys.

Quote:  http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/secret-happy-marriage.html

According to a recent study by the University of Virginia's National Marriage Project, what you need for a happy marriage is a bit of kindness in your relationship. In a survey of 2870 couples they asked questions in three areas: Did spouses offer small kindnesses to each other? Did they regularly express affection? Were they able to forgive? As Sarah Hampson writes in The Globe and Mail "As a culture we underrate the importance of kindness in our romantic relationships...the study shows that it's not the big displays of affection but rather the small, frequent, even mundance ones that matter.

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We do.  We say please and thank yous and we are affectionate with each other. 

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes we do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't 'practice' it... but it comes naturally!! :)

babie113
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
3 moms liked this
we do it without thinking about it because we love and respect each other .you dont need to be told
Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this
This

Quoting babie113:

we do it without thinking about it because we love and respect each other .you dont need to be told

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ilovemykids732:

We don't 'practice' it... but it comes naturally!! :)

Just changed the word "practice" in my post because of your reply.  I hadn't considered that it might be read in the "practice makes perfect" kind of sense.  

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Quoting babie113:

We are the same way!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I definitely think that kindness is SUPER important in a happy, healthy marriage.  That said, I don't necessarily think it's the "secret" to one.  But I still believe that good communication is the MOST important aspect & that everything else follows that.

valrubio
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think kindness is very important in any relationship but especially your spouse.
Lorena
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't practise it. We do it because we love each other. We don't even think about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN