Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Turn off?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 6 Replies
I love dh & love having sex. But lately I get turned off easily right before things happen. I know some will argue that he is being responsible. I'm not saying its wrong, just that it turns me off. We used to have a little foreplay, sex, hold each other close for a little while. But since we had ds 3 months ago dh is worried about getting pregnant. So before sex he grabs a condom. It literally turns me off to having sex. I hate the feel of condoms to begin with. I hate that we can't just go at it & enjoy. And I hate that dh jumps up as soon as he done to rush to the bathroom. No more holding each other like we used. I literally want to roll over & forget about having sex. I've tried to not let it bother me but I miss how things used to be when we didn't use condoms.
Am I the only one who gets turned off by them?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I can't use them. I'm allergic to them. If he's that worried maybe try a different form of birth control. There's several options out there.
kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Birth control messes my periods up real bad. I either go several months without one or I bleed really bad for a long time.
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
There's spermicide or other things though.

Quoting kayleesmom42328:

Birth control messes my periods up real bad. I either go several months without one or I bleed really bad for a long time.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

how about just focusing on the positives, and tell him when he gets back from the bathroom, you need some extra cuddling. Or, move some 'after supplies' to the side of the bed, he can take care of the condom there, and it's less of an interruption. It's really a matter of mind over matter. It is what it is for now, and it's probably only temporary.

CandiceDanielle
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I don't like using condoms,but I like pregnancy even less,so I deal. (We have an 8 week old,so definitely not ready for another!)
AvengedMommy101
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Tell me about it. I wish DH and I had been more precautions. I got pregnant while DD was only 8 weeks. This pregnancy sucks and I still don't know how I'm going to stay sane.

Quoting CandiceDanielle:

I don't like using condoms,but I like pregnancy even less,so I deal. (We have an 8 week old,so definitely not ready for another!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN