Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Should I believe him -- or did he cheat? =(

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 97 Replies

So last night some woman calls up DH around 11pm screaming at him saying they slept together and now she might be pregnant. She knew his name, what he looks like, his profession and the neighbourhood we live in. Dh kept yelling back at her saying he has no idea who she is and that she is lying. After the phone call he tells me that he never cheated on me and that this is a "prank" call and someone is trying to screw with him/us.

I looked through his phone and emails and found nothing suspect.

DH works long hours but never goes out in the evenings without me or the kids. There was only one time recently he went out to buy some paintball gear and he was gone a couple hours without me. So the only way he could be having a relationship or sleeping with someone is if its during work hours.

He continues to maintain his innocence.

I don't know what to believe.

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjgm1966
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
6 moms liked this

I would believe him until I had reason not to.  People can be cruel.  It may have been someone just trying to mess with ya'll.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I really hope this is the case. 

Quoting mjgm1966:

I would believe him until I had reason not to.  People can be cruel.  It may have been someone just trying to mess with ya'll.

mjgm1966
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Has he ever given you reason to not trust him?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting mjgm1966:

AromaDrops33
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just keep my eyes open for sure, seems a little odd, but until you have evidence I would move on from it.
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

No. He never cheated or acted suspiciously. Only thing I know though is that if he did cheat he would deny till death. Thats just his personality.

Quoting mjgm1966:

Has he ever given you reason to not trust him?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting mjgm1966:

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

It is odd. The man is 37. Who pulls a "prank" like that on a 37 year old man!

Quoting AromaDrops33:

I would just keep my eyes open for sure, seems a little odd, but until you have evidence I would move on from it.

AromaDrops33
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Exactly. Just keep your guard up a little

Quoting jellybeanjean:

It is odd. The man is 37. Who pulls a "prank" like that on a 37 year old man!

Quoting AromaDrops33:

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I would believe my husband but that's because I know the type of man he is. I've known him for almost 20 years and can spot a lie from a mile away with him. I don't know your husband so IDK what to tell you.
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I know on IPhones there are these prank call apps and they have ones like that. I bet someone pulled that on him. My friend pulled one on me and it was some guy saying I busted out his tail light and left a note with my phone number. I totally fell for it and my friend called me later to tell me I was pranked. The same friend pranked my other friend and it was some girl saying that she was with her man.. Blah blah blah. She also believed it and our friend told her it was a prank. I guarantee someone did that to him. The app is Prankdial.
rugratsmommy4
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Was it on his cell? If so write the girls number down and check the phone record to see if it matches to any other time then last night. I hope for your sake it was just a prank. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)