Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

asking your spouse for money

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you have to explain to your spouse when you need money and I'm taking small amount
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Replies (91-100):
HisUsmcWifey
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM

nope. I'm not going to ask him for access to our money. I work as well and my money also goes into his account so it's one shared thing and we spend money however we want.

mommyoflittles
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I have to ask to spend anything over $5. He handles the money. I hate it. I have to ask if it is ok to buy diapers but he can go spend $30 and a sport event and never tell me. 

mommyoflittles
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Me too. I have to ask if it ok to buy diapers and such. I hate it, dont you. I am a sahm and dont make a income.

Quoting kayleesmom42328:

Yes. I have no access to the money.

pghmommyof5
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM

My husband tries to get me to spend money lol. I've always been very....thrifty. I also handle all of the bills so he's more likely to ask me but we talk about most things that we buy just because we do most things together.

lageise
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:50 AM

That's pretty much how it is in our household too. 

Quoting BonitaM:

I don't ask him for money....I just tell him I need this much for this and I expect him to fork it over.  He knows I spend it on things we need and not stuff we don't.  When we go shopping for things we want I just stick it in the cart and he pays for it.  He sees it so I don't need to explain it.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Sometimes he'll ask out of curiosity what I need it for but I don't need permission or have to explain.

Jellybean1123
by Jocelyn on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I don't usually need to ask for money from him, but when I do I tell him what I need it for. He wouldn't ask if I didn't tell him though, he trusts my spending.
runinpinkshoes
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

He has kids so we keep our finances separate. I make my own money, so there's no scenario where I would need to ask him for any.

Maverick1957
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM

No.  Every so often I'll ask him for maybe 5 or 10, he'll give me a 20.  Once I asked him for 40 as I was going on a trip, he gave me 100.  He's very generous.  Only thing he ever complains about is when I buy cigs.

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Everything we earn is budgeted, so yes, we ask each other before making a purchase not in the budget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)