Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Grocery Shopping?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:11 AM
  • 70 Replies

shopping Who does the grocery shopping, you, him or both of you?

How often do you  grocery  shop?

Where do you  buy your groceries?

Do you make a list or no and if you do, do you  stick to it?

YVONNE

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM
I usually do every week. Unless I am just busy or sick and the my husband goes. I do make a list and I stick to it 100% or I spend too much money

much shop at Kroger or publix
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Who does the grocery shopping, you, him or both of you? We go together for our main shopping and if we need a misc item or so in between trips he picks it up on his way home from work.

How often do you  grocery  shop? Main shopping together once weekly and sometimes he picks up an odd or ends item if needed in between.

Where do you  buy your groceries? Most of the time Krogers because it's so close by and easy to get in and out fast.

Do you make a list or no and if you do, do you  stick to it? Yes I make a list and I stick to it, Todd however grabs a few extra things according to what he feels like getting  in  the  store for himself at work or his snacks, here and there. : )

YVONNE

nicole2884
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Him most of the time sometimes both
Once a week
I meal plan an make a list
We shop at super target
tnt-manda
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Every week
Both of us
Tom Thumb, Wal-Mart, Super Target, and once or twice a month to Costco.
Sometimes a list, I prefer to. It's more for meal planning though and the nessecites we always add to it.
Fairfieldwizard
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel like I live at the grocery store. Yes, we have a teenage in the house.

by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I do the major shopping and keep the list. The list is hung on the fridge and I just write when we need something. He runs out in between for stuff we run out of quickly, like milk or fruit or whatever. 

we also go to different stores. I made the rule years ago he is not allowed to come with me bc he is a huge PITA questioning everything, checking prices and labels, asking why we are going down this asile or that asile....makes me CRAZY. 

Last night we were all out and I need coffeemate so I "allowed" him to come to the store with me. "My" store. Well, all I did was roll my yes and get annoyed! Lol! He didnt park in the right place anddrive around 2x looking for apots he could have parked at first. Ended up going in on the oppisite end I do. We looked at fruit and he started taking grapes out of the bag I wanted and putting others in, or whatever the heck he was doing, I dont even know bc I walked away.  Asked why I was uying so any coffeemates (I had a coupon for 3)

Oh he made me crazy and all we got was 5 things! LOL! 

I usually go 1x weekly or I try and stretch it to week and a half or so. 

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:44 AM

well, we don't live together, but when we spend time together, we usually go together.

I make lists.. he doesn't... then forgets... lol. He'll drive and shop nearly every day. He's just used to shopping and planning for one meal at a time, although now he does more 'weekly' type shopping.

I try to go only once  a week. In reality, I usually end up going twice. I just hate the amount of time it consumes out of my day, when I go along. When I'm with him,... doesn't bother me at all.

beeky
by Alexandra on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Who does the grocery shopping, you, him or both of you?  We do our main shopping together because he drives and pays and I get a 10% discount.

How often do you  grocery  shop?  Main shop is once a week but I work at our grocery store so I'm often picking up something after work.

Where do you  buy your groceries?  Zehrs.  It's an Ontario chain that is owned by Loblaws.

Do you make a list or no and if you do, do you  stick to it? I don't use a list.

Marisol1106
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
We go together. I make a list and mean and we shop at super Walmart. Every week sadly. Wish we could stretch this out.
Emma0928
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
We usually go together, but here lately I have been going by myself. Once a week we grocery shop but we usually go back into town for something. We shop at Hy-Vee or Sams Club. I make a list and if I go by myself I stick to it but if husband goes there's extra things getting thrown in the cart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)