Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

dh waking me up at 3 a.m.

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 43 Replies
dh is a ham radio operator, so at 3 a.m. my door and his door are closed, I was sleeping then I hear him yelling his call over the radio to get other hams to hear him, so I opened his door an said you woke me up and he told me that he was only whispering! no apologies at all so I go back to bed and finally go back to sleep, then he wakes me again at 4:30 asking me for something, then he gets me upset and starts being verbally abusive, so I left the room and started my day, am I being unreasonable to get my sleep or is he being very inconsiderate this is not the first time this has happened! so now we are not speaking an I get the silent treatment any advice?
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM
My husband has came out of the room before and said I was talking way to loud before I say sorry and go about what I was doing. He's being an asshole. It's rare that we actually wake each other up for anything unless we really need each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM
4 moms liked this

You have seperate rooms?  He verbally abused you?  i think you have bigger issues than the ham radio.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

you already feel he's being inconsiderate. He feels you were being unreasonable. What we feel doesn't matter.

Sit down and talk to the man.

gramma1sews
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Dh has been sleeping on the couch for two weeks now his choice he doesn't like the way I cook sometimes so he decided to sleep else where, I guess to punish me. so after he slept on couch for a couple of days he decided that he wants to sleep in the bed again, I told him no I am not here to be abused so he called me the B-word and left the room since then it has been rocky.what I meant about meals is sometimes package an not scratch. do I deserve this treatment after 45 years?

Quoting hopeym23:

You have seperate rooms?  He verbally abused you?  i think you have bigger issues than the ham radio.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting gramma1sews:

Dh has been sleeping on the couch for two weeks now his choice he doesn't like the way I cook sometimes so he decided to sleep else where, I guess to punish me. so after he slept on couch for a couple of days he decided that he wants to sleep in the bed again, I told him no I am not here to be abused so he called me the B-word and left the room since then it has been rocky.what I meant about meals is sometimes package an not scratch. do I deserve this treatment after 45 years?

sorry... just speechless after reading that....... you sound like two 19 year olds

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

gramma1sews
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM
tried to talk to him, says what he wants gets up an leaves always blames me, he's right and I am wrong, he likes to dismiss any conversation, and be in total denial of his missed doings.

Quoting Fayanne:

you already feel he's being inconsiderate. He feels you were being unreasonable. What we feel doesn't matter.

Sit down and talk to the man.

hopeym23
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM

You don't deserve that treatment after 1 year! 

Quoting gramma1sews:

Quoting hopeym23:

nada2000
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what it is with these guys when they get mad I guess they just wish they could get mad and leave and they can't so what they do is they sleep on the couch. When my husband did that for years I felt betrayed. Now I feel like time by myself looks a little good . So when you go back to the bed I'm going to the couch because I don't like how they play these emotional games you show me love and then you cut it off. Mabey I don't need him as much as I thought that I did.

AlannaMaria
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
This sounds pretty childish to me.
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You stay and put up with it. He refused to talk to you so the choice is yours: wait it out and see if he comes around and contintue to be abused, or leave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)