Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

dh waking me up at 3 a.m.

Posted by   + Show Post
dh is a ham radio operator, so at 3 a.m. my door and his door are closed, I was sleeping then I hear him yelling his call over the radio to get other hams to hear him, so I opened his door an said you woke me up and he told me that he was only whispering! no apologies at all so I go back to bed and finally go back to sleep, then he wakes me again at 4:30 asking me for something, then he gets me upset and starts being verbally abusive, so I left the room and started my day, am I being unreasonable to get my sleep or is he being very inconsiderate this is not the first time this has happened! so now we are not speaking an I get the silent treatment any advice?
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (41-43):
gramma1sews
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM
not in his life, I have a grown 41 son, when dh was young, he chose to travel and and build his career which wasn't planned or discussed with me so I was a stay at home mom, now that he thinks he is 63 retired, he's home and does what ever he wants! like abusing me. goes to bed at morning hours, sleeps until 1 or 2 pm gets on the computer and ham radio. eats an showers when chooses that's his life in a nutshell. hope your dh is better than mine.

Quoting mommyoflittles:

Might be lol. Did he ever get up at night the kids? I have 2 and he has never got up with them once but he gets to sleep in every weekend.

Quoting gramma1sews:

sounds like my house being called mean and such a horrible person, our DH's wouldn't be related?

Quoting mommyoflittles:

Its like my house. I am up all night with the baby and she wakes at 5 am everyday. I have to keep the kids quiet on the weekend so husband can sleep. If they make noise and wake him i am being horrible but he is loud when we are trying to fall asleep and i am being mean asking him to be quiet. Men dont get it

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Is it safe to assume he's been this way for a LONG time?

gramma1sews
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:39 PM
he wasn't like this when I first met him, he was kind and my best friend then he changed after my son was born, he also took a behavior change when I became hypothyroid, that was when I turned 40, now in the present he is getting worse everyday.

Quoting Krysden:

Is it safe to assume he's been this way for a LONG time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)