Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

anyone else out there feeling this way?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 23 Replies

So my Boyfriend I would say is not the stereotypical male that thinks about sex all the time. He's always had a lower sex drive than myself. But lately (since our daughter was born 9 months ago) he has had a very low sex drive. Lower than normal. I haven't even felt that connection lately. Not as many kisses and hugs. And the most he was into sex was when he was gone for a week and when he got back. Not going to lie.. we've had sex 1 time in 3 months. I know that a new baby and our first is tiring but I've tried putting the effort in and not getting anything in return. And sometimes the paranoia sets in. We've been together for almost 4 1/2 years and I would never doubt his faithfulness. But sometimes I worry that I'm not enough anymore. I've lost all baby weight and some and just don't feel like I'm attactive to him.

Any suggestions?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM
3 moms liked this

no suggestions, but if you're so insecure, why did you have a baby outside of marriage?

newmom218
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I'm not insecure in the relationship or with him. I just haven't recieved the same attention/affection I did before baby. I wouldn't change a thing that she was born outside of marriage. Just a piece of paper. This site is for positive input and advice and support for other mothers. Please don't post on my post with negativity.

Quoting Fayanne:

no suggestions, but if you're so insecure, why did you have a baby outside of marriage?

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Jesus I hate the saying "it's just a piece of paper."

Quoting newmom218:

I'm not insecure in the relationship or with him. I just haven't recieved the same attention/affection I did before baby. I wouldn't change a thing that she was born outside of marriage. Just a piece of paper. This site is for positive input and advice and support for other mothers. Please don't post on my post with negativity.

Quoting Fayanne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

please don't post on her post with negativity!

Quoting lapcounter:

Quoting newmom218:

Quoting Fayanne:

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

newmom218
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I know marriage is more than a piece of paper. But if we are happy and commited in our relationship enough to want a child together being married or not wouldn't have changed our minds.

Quoting lapcounter:

Quoting newmom218:

Quoting Fayanne:

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
LOL.

Quoting Fayanne:

Quoting lapcounter:

Quoting newmom218:

Quoting Fayanne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to say but if you are saying "I'm not as attractive as I was before my baby!" That's signs of insecurity! And you haven't been feeling the same love again signs of insecurity that is not negative we all have felt that way!
Have you talked to him?

Quoting newmom218:

Quoting Fayanne:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ladies be good or time out corner! lol
:-)

Quoting lapcounter:

LOL.

Quoting Fayanne:

Quoting lapcounter:

Quoting newmom218:

Quoting Fayanne:

newmom218
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

This is a reminder as to why I haven't posted in here in a long time.

Maybe I'll try again in another 6 months or not.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Well sorry you are not getting what you want. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Outside looking in,how would you access your situation? You can't fix anything if you can't truly understand what's going on.

Quoting newmom218:

This is a reminder as to why I haven't posted in here in a long time.

Maybe I'll try again in another 6 months or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN