Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayers Please *for those who do*.... *update 4*

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 32 Replies
My mom is was admitted into the hospital yesterday. She went in for severe stomach pain and blood sitting in her colon and upon recieving a ct scan she was admitted for a large mass surrounded by smaller masses inside of her liver. She already has a slew of med problems. (copd, hep c - which they told her would kill her 13 years ago especially since she was a chronic alcoholic with possible surosis. She didn't get off the bottle for another 6 years after that) Anyway, the doc was going to do a colonoscopy today but upon his findings on her liver he has ousted that all together to focus soley on her liver. He is doing a biopsy of it today.

If you pray please pray. If you believe in luck, she needs some. Thanks in advance.

******Update for those that care******

Doc decided to go ahead and do a colonoscopy on her tomorrow. Results from her biopsy won't be back for a couple days. She looks horrible like she has been hit by a train. She was doped up on demerol when my brother and I traded places today. On top of my other obligations, I'm so tired. The lady/a friendish sort of acquaintance at our local gas station told me to go home and rest that I looked really tired. Not a usual thing for me to hear even when I'm exhausted...... I need strength. I'm terrified. Trying to hide it from my mom is almost impossible so it's alot of work. It's wearing on me. I just want to sleep and cry. Can't do that either. Anyway.... kiddoe is finishing a late after baskeball practice dinner.... he has mathwork he needs help finishing in a minute. Thank you for the prayers. And to anyone else who is willing to send them.

*********update 2*********

It's definitely liver cancer..... they got the results back faster than norm.....
I've been at the hospital all day. Going to pick my husband up from work and go rest........ I won't be back on tonight....

*******3*******

She was discharged yesterday. There's nothing they can do to save her. Apparently she's had it for some time and "no treatment would even touch it". Whatever. I just lost my dad last year. I'm not ready for this. I talk to her every single day most of the time. She is my best friend. Wtf......

Update 4

Probably my last update for a while. A couple of days after I updated the oncologist called momma and told her they could do a procedure to slow down her cancer. They were going to inject chemo beads into her liver to blockboff blood supply to all the hepat. Tumors in there and emit some chemo into her blood stream. They wentb in to do the surgery the day after Christmas. They did a blood test for to check and make sure her liver was strong enough. It came back good. The surgeon takes her back in to surger and comes out in less than half the time needed and says after doing an angeogram that he cannot do this sugery after all. Her main liver blood supplier is too closed off. Would send her into immediate liver failure. So then she is told to start taking these chemo pills. She lost 4 pounds the doctors appointment before last. Yesterday she had another and she has lost another 8 pounds in a week. She has blisters on the bottoms of her appointment and the stupid pills arent working. She told me this morning that her month just went down to nothing. I feel like I have just been hit in the stomach with a baseball bat. I will be driving out there (I live about an hour away) on sunday and since my nephew is on a plane back to Korea today (he is military). I will be out there 3 days a week during the day but will have to be home by 3 when my boys get out of school. My brothers off work for a while so he will be there as well. My uncle lives there (renter but has been around my WHOLE life and is her best friend) and is off friday through sunday so that will help. My other nephewgets home at four every day and I installed life alert for her this last weekend. Hopefully between all of us we have a good schedule worked out. Thanks for listening to me babble. I have to get it out somewhere.... ckears my head out for a second. Can't seem to get my thought out straight. I feel bipolar. Angry and heart broken and I feel like I am starting to get very bitter. I don't want her to see or hear me cry or know what I'm feeling though. She already stresses and worries about us hurting constantly. She doesn't need to do that. It's not good for her. It makes things deteriorate faster.
Just send prayers and positive thoughts. We really need them.
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiddo0820
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Prayers
Fairywings1223
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

She will be in my prayers.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Hugs and prayers mama.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Sending Prayers.. Good luck to you and the whole family, I hope she is OK... ((HUGS))

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Bump
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Prayers for you and your family.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

prayinghugs

joshsgirl12
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM
So sorry. Praying.
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I'm sorry hun. I hope your family gets good news.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)