Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lesser of Two Evils?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 44 Replies

In your opinion, which is worse for a relationship: To constantly be fighting, or to never really speak? Which is worse, and why?

And don't say neither, LOL. Pick one or the other.

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorena
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I think not speaking is worse. At least with fighting there is some communication.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I say fighting I couldn't take that! We don't fight.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Do you think that a couple that devolves to the point of not really talking has essentially given up? At least if you are fighting you are showing some life, I suppose.

Quoting Lorena:

I think not speaking is worse. At least with fighting there is some communication.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Never speak. No communication would be worse than bad communication in my book.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I'd say that.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Do you think that a couple that devolves to the point of not really talking has essentially given up? At least if you are fighting you are showing some life, I suppose.

Quoting Lorena:

Lorena
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Yes, I think that not talking is giving up. Fighting at least shows that you are still fighting for something which shows you still care about something even if it is only yourself.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting Lorena:

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I don't think there is one that is worse than the other.  Some people just aren't talkers and are content with that.  Constantly fighting is a sign of passion.  I'd say that if both communication that was once there stopped or the passion dies down and they no longer care to fight  for what they believe in is equally as bad.  DH and I aren't big talkers but we do bicker a lot.  In my case it would be worse to not speak....because at least I know what we really fight about are things that are important to us and our marriage.  We don't have to agree.....we just have to care.

gonecrazi
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM

To never really speak...

beeky
by Alexandra on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I would say never speaking, because that means you're both unplugged.  It takes passion to fight.

belle0623
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I think not speaking is worse, fighting is at least some form of communicating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)