Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Dream Wedding?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 19 Replies

What is your dream wedding or if you had it show us a pic!

I want my wedding on the beach with the preacher about calf deep in the water and out feet in the water. and I want to wear a white sun dress and him in cargo shorts and a white button up untucked with a loose tie. I want my isle to be lined with sand dollars and my guest in white covered beach chairs. I think that would be so pretty as the sun goes down! Color wise I think that coral would be great! his tie and maybe bows on the back of the chairs 

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Been married so long that the dream of that is gone I got my happy day over 27 years ago and I am not doing it again! I would rather photograph one now!

lilangel_4206
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I would want maybe a traditional church wedding or something on the beach or vineyard since we live in Wine Country...
KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

a vineyard seems beautiful!

Quoting lilangel_4206:

I would want maybe a traditional church wedding or something on the beach or vineyard since we live in Wine Country...

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

When I was planning my wedding I came across this beautiful chapel in South Dakota.  I wanted to have my wedding there.  I wanted a horse drawn carriage, beautiful white dress with a long train, lots of flowers and candles.  This was unrealistic for us though and with neither of our parents wanting us to wed, his mom threatening to ruin any wedding we would have had, and my grandma inviting relatives I didn't even know from overseas....we decided it was best just to elope....that and me nagging DH everyday to be his wife. lol I'm glad we did it that way.  Some days I still can't believe we're married and it's been 12 years.  As long as he was the groom I had my fairytale wedding.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I may be an oddball but I never had an idea of my "dream wedding"   My husband proposed and we got married 3 weeks later.   I didn't even know what I wanted my dress to look like before I picked on out (went with the first one I tried on too)   I was so excited to get to marry the man of my dreams... the wedding was just a detail.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
My dream wedding was when I married my husband! ;-)
KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I think i just watch to much TLC channel... lol

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM
LOL I love watching those!
We as women all want/wanted a dream wedding but looking back many years ago it was perfect! And me&my hubs did a small ceremony, then did a huge wedding 4yrs later none of his family made to ours,his g-ma was dying & passed the day after we married! So we did a big wedding,white dress,etc. But looking back it doesn't matter,but no regrets! I say if you want big do it the 1st time around and right! Or do a court house nuptials & saved for big wedding. :-)

Quoting KJH_KMH_MOM:

I think i just watch to much TLC channel... lol

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I had mine 11 years ago. We got married at my parents house. They had a Bed and Breakfast at the time. It was an "L" shaped living room and then had our reception in town.

bamamommy2009
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

We had a black and white wedding in a little country and it was crazy, fun adn loving but nto what we wanted so on our 5th anni he and i will either take a cruise and renew our vows or we want to renew them at our house in our garden and then the curise this is a pic of our new home/back yard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN