Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Heartbroken

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 18 Replies

I am a single mom my DD's dad and I have been split up for 3 years.. 2 years ago I started dating "C".. well lately we have hit a rough patch and last night, he ended things saying that its too much emotional responsability.

My heart feels like its been ripped out, I slept 3 hours last night and now im at work and cant focus.

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scoleman828
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry mama! I know it hurts not but with time you will heal. Keep your chin up, things happen for a reason, even if the reason is not clear to you at the moment
Callaly
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Thank you, its so hard, I have never reacted like this because of a break up maybe its because im older now, or because I simply thought that he was the one and I really did love him unconditionally.  

Quoting scoleman828:

Sorry mama! I know it hurts not but with time you will heal. Keep your chin up, things happen for a reason, even if the reason is not clear to you at the moment

scoleman828
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh and I went through a lot of breakup/ getting back together the first couple years we were together. He strugggled with alcohol addiction and ptsd. Every time he would leave, I woukd be devastated. Even when I expected it to happen. It really does hurt when you care deeply about someone. I don't know you but, I know you are strong. It takes a strong woman to be a single mom. I've been there too. You can get through this, and it's normal to be hurt and to grieve a lost love. Hugs, mama. Pm me if you need/want to vent anytime. :)

Quoting Callaly:

Thank you, its so hard, I have never reacted like this because of a break up maybe its because im older now, or because I simply thought that he was the one and I really did love him unconditionally.  

Quoting scoleman828:

Monsita
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Nothing get us ready for something like this!
Nobody knows how much time, it takes to heal from something like this....
There is only one thing for sure: "if he is gone, he was not that one"
LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM

So sorry you will get over this so keep going things will get better Hugs

melly_v88
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

((hugs))

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM

(hugs)  I'm so sorry sweetie.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
* Big Hugs*
gonecrazi
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Bless your heart, break-ups are never easy.

Kay300
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Most men will come back, but by the time he does, you may not want him anymore.  Right now, do not call or bother him, Get some sleep tonite, and keep yourself together, go to your job keep your routine going and love up on your lovely daughter... ---- again, do not text, call, or bother him in anyway... let him think about his decision....  Its your best chance of getting back together... Most women, (in a man's eye's) turn into psycho bitch...  Don't do it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)