Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever regretted buying your loved one a new tech gadget?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

Prince William Wants Something That Could Potentially Ruin His Marriage

by Emily Abbate

Prince William and Kate MiddletonI don't know why, but lately more than ever, I have such a crush on Prince William. I mean, how could you not, right? The man is the heir to the British throne, an adorable father, and looks dapper as all hell in a nicely tailored suit. How cute is this, though: Apparently Prince William wants a video game system badly. A PlayStation 4, to be exact. But (and here's the cute part) he told London media outlets that even though he'd "like to get one," he wasn't sure "how his wife would feel about it."

Ha! A man actually considering how his lady would feel about him being pulled away from all reality for hours at a time? Yup, William may be the perfect gentleman. Kate Middleton's lucky! Not only can she revel in the fact that her husband wants to spend time with her, but she also has the perfect gift idea to get him for Christmas.

... well, sort of perfect. You see PlayStations and other gaming systems fall into that category of couple's gifts that are a little scary. You know, the "they will totally LOVE this but perhaps stop loving you when they get their hands on it" gift.

In a relationship, you want to do everything you can to make the other person happy. But when that happiness means you'll lose them to video games for two hours every other day ... who's happy then? Is something like a gaming system a good thing to have around the home if it means less time for the two of you to actually spend together after a long day? If it ruins communication between the two lovers, maybe not. I suppose, however, that's a decision you have to make on your own. 

Other gifts that fall into this category? Oh any iDevice there is, other similar gaming systems, essentially tech gadgets galore.

But hey, to each her own. I think Prince William's a responsible guy. I say, Kate, go on and get him a PlayStation. I think he could use a way to decompress every once in a while, don't you?

Have you ever regretted buying your loved one a new tech gadget?

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM

No, but I don't think I've ever bought DH a tech gadget either.....he's usually the one buying those things.  Sometimes I wish I could get away from my laptop a little more, but I'm pretty sure I'd die without it.  We have a few gaming systems but we usually play them together as a family. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't think I've ever bought a tech gadget for a loved one.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM
He always buys whatever he wants when he wants it lol so I've never bought him anything electronic. I do wish I could throw his surround sound into the ocean though...
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I've never bought him anything like that. Technically I bought him video games a while back. I preordered them as a birthday gift and picked them up for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

No, but I SURE  he regret buying me my Kindle Fire! LOL!

gonecrazi
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

No. He's a guy playing with tech stuff is what they do.

shiningjoy
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

YUP!! LOL....over and over...I don't know why I keep doing it!! LOL, but I do!!!

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
No.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM

No, not at all. I always buy him new technie stuff. Then again, I don't WANT to have my husband laser focused on me 24/7, I have my own hobbies and interests.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I have never bought a tech gadget for my hubby. It is something we talk about and get if we agree to it together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)