Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

relationship going down the drain. help!!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 34 Replies
Ok well I really love my bf. Yes I'm still young but we got a baby together and I am trying to keep my family together. How do you manage to keep a relationship with someone who wants to have his own girl friends but is flirtatious at the same time? Do I just ignore it its hard to let him flirt and then he's texting me. I can't stand that. I will take whatever comments ya'll got to say. I just need to know how ya'll manage to do that..
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
He wants to have girlfriends besides you?
That would be completely unacceptable here, as well as the flirting with other girls. I wouldn't be with a man who disrespected me like that. A baby is not a reason to be in a relationship with someone who mistreats you in any way. I got pregnant at 18, my bf had this giant crush on his friend's girlfriend. He constantly chose her over me and I broke up with him. I'd be miserable now if I had chosen to stay with someone who didn't love me. Instead I'm happily married expecting my third baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM

You can't keep a marriage or relationship together with a man who wants other GF's on the side. 

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That is not something I would be willing to put up with.. You can't change people you have to accept a person as is and not base your relationship on them changing. So if this is something you can't deal with either I would say you two are not the best match and maybe the two of you should move on. Everyone is different and has different perspectives this one is mine : ).
MissPatsy13
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Not girlfriends, I mean like friends that are girls. But he's flirtatious.
I get mad and then he gets mad because he said I have jealousy issues.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My fiance knows girls but I wouldn't call them friends. And they certainly do not text/call eachother. Personally me nor him call/txt the opposite sex unless his friends call me when they can't get ahold of him. It's just a no no in my book.
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Some men are flirty by nature... It's up to you to decide if this is something you can deal with. 

If he isn't giving you a reason that he is actually cheating on you.. Let it go. 

Quoting MissPatsy13:

3gr8tKids
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Most of us wouldn't tolerate that behavior. Having friends is absolutely fine, flirting and putting them before his girlfriend and child is not.

It doesn't seem as though he is as committed to working things out and staying together as you may be and if that is the case there is really nothing that you can do. I may be wrong but you do sound young, how old are you? How long have you been together?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Ok, so was he friends with these girls before you started dating him and got pregnant? Is this something you knew about before all of this? Has he always been this way, is flirtatious just a personality trait, one that you knew about?
mom2acutiepie
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Are you saying he wants to have female friends that are just friends? I am taking it that way. In that case what does it matter? My husband has friends who are female and I have male friends. Now with him flirting with his female friends I would politely ask him to please not do that anymore. Just let him know that it makes you feel uncomfortable and that you want him to flirt with only you. Don't be jealous or insecure (easier said than done), realize that he is with you. If he is going to cheat then it's going to happen regardless of what you do and that means you are not meant to be with him. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Flirting is disrespectful. The fact that he is consistently disrespecting you shows that he doesn't want to be in a real relationship with you. My husband has female friends, but he doesn't flirt with them.
He's doing wrong and saying that you're the one messing up by getting mad. You should never have jealousy come up in a relationship. The fact that you do is a sign that he's not looking for the family type relationship that you are.

Quoting MissPatsy13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)