Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How often do you have date night

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 40 Replies
2 moms liked this

Do you have date nights with your husband without your child/children? How often do you have them? Research shows that to keep our marriages strong we need to go on a date with our spouse  for least Every other week, what do you think??

by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM

When our 5 kids were growing up, we had a date night once each weekend and also spent quality alone time each evening after they went to bed.

Now that all of them are young adults on their own and it's just us, we have at least a couple dates  over a weekend if he has off work and we spend QUALITY time together every day and night even if he does have to work and send eachother emails even when he is at work. But we get to date a lot, some weeks it's only once (he works a lot of hours) but other weeks it could be 3 or 4 dates.

We feel like we are on a never ending honeymoon now that it's just us - we are starting to get to travel a little bit together too and plan on doing more and more of that when he retires as well

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Blessedgirls
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! Looks like you are doing exelent work in your marriage, I would like to have more dates but sometimes is not possible , so when we have that chance I just can't wait!!

Quoting earthangel1967:

When our 5 kids were growing up, we had a date night once each weekend and also spent quality alone time each evening after they went to bed.

Now that all of them are young adults on their own and it's just us, we have at least a couple dates  over a weekend if he has off work and we spend QUALITY time together every day and night even if he does have to work and send eachother emails even when he is at work. But we get to date a lot, some weeks it's only once (he works a lot of hours) but other weeks it could be 3 or 4 dates.

We feel like we are on a never ending honeymoon now that it's just us - we are starting to get to travel a little bit together too and plan on doing more and more of that when he retires as well

sparkle.ana
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
We go out at least every other week.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

We try to go out at least once a month but we spend quality time together when the kids go to bed.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Hopejoypeace
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My spouse and I get maybe three date In a year birthdays and anniversary. We have five kids and one is a special needs so hard to get someone to watch him.
We do hang out at home in our room watching movies are playing board or card games when kids go to sleep about three times a week.
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We get one once a week. Sometimes more :)
OHIOmommy330
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM

no date nights at all. at this point it's useless.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We have date night without DD maybe once or twice a year.  We have a lot of dates with DD....sometimes more romantic ones than when it's just the two of us.  I don't think it's as important to have "date nights" with one's spouse as it is to make quality time for each other. 

clowry02
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
We go out once a month
Mrseoc
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We try to have a date night at least once a month, but realistically it's more like every 3 months.

Yeah, i agree it's pretty important to be alone once in awhile. My husband and i stay up late just to watch tv alone together. Its something we both really miss about not being parents, is getting that one on one time with eachother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)