Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I tell him???

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
My husband and I have been together for 6 yrs. We are the best of friends and he's loving and kind. Lately he's been dealing with me very nonchalantly. He really doesn't show any interest when I need to talk or if Im not feeling well. However if he needs me im expected to give him my undivided attention. In starting to feel some type of way about it...I don't know what to say to
let him know how i feel. Advice please!

Edit:
I found my nerve and used the great advice from your replies. We talked for an hour, i told him what i was feeling. He was very quiet for a while. Then he explained what he's been feeling. We had no clue what the other was going thru. Thanks to everyone. Your advice was great!!!!
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Era5182
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Bump!!!
Era5182
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Bump
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM
4 moms liked this

You sit him down and tell him. It is best to use phrases like "I am feeling...." instead of "You make me feel....", less likely to make him defensive.

sparkle.ana
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
You talk to him and tell him how you feel.
Era5182
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Im gonna try those words. In the past I've waited until I'm emotional and then everything comes out in an accusatory manner. Thanks!!!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

You sit him down and tell him. It is best to use phrases like "I am feeling...." instead of "You make me feel....", less likely to make him defensive.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Yeah. That isn't any good. Hope this works.

Quoting Era5182:

Im gonna try those words. In the past I've waited until I'm emotional and then everything comes out in an accusatory manner. Thanks!!!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

deadlights86
by Emily on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Agree with the other ladies. Men are dumb they don't know any better unless you talk to them.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Be blunt..  don't beat around the bush.  Tell him exactly what you told us.  Ask him what's up.  There might be something completely unrelated that is bothering him..  KWIM?

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

That good advice about not being accusatory. My DH can tune me out sometime too. When I really want to get his attention I go sit on his lap nibble on his neck and put my hand under his shirt and say "hey baby you know what?" and then launch right into it while slowing down but not fully stopping the touching. 

By now he know when I come sit in his lap I may just need to talk so he will usually ask what's up while returning the kisses. The key for this is to use sparingly 

jaytee
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Sit him down and tell him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)