Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he listen to you

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 83 Replies
When you talk? Or do you sound like Charlie Brown's teachers? LOL
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I talk too much.  I know it.  He tune me out a lot.  But when I use to make the effort to not tallk so much he would always ask me what's wrong.

I don't even get mad about it.  I know how to get his attention when I need it.  ;)

Clemency3
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

lol it totally depends. If it is real serious, about the kids, our relationship etc..he listens. If I am trying to talk to him about something that he is not interested in and so forth he doesn't do a good job listening. But this was years in the making. At first he never listened to me at all about anything. We both have gotten good at listening to one another and better communicating. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

It depends, I think. What I say and what he hears tends to be two very different things. I don't talk to him about things that are important to me, or bother me, that don't involve him though, it's just easier that way.

Example: We relocated for his job a few months ago and have been seriously struggling. I've been working a full in position, and was recently offered a full time job. He listened then, he was thrilled. When the circumstances changed slightly, and I vented to him after discovering that I was misled by my boss and the job wasn't guaranteed mine totally, I had to interview, he somehow heard "I'm not getting a job, I'll never have a full time job, and we're totally screwed", which turned into a series of nasty comments for the rest of the night about how I suck and all I ever have is bad news.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Depends.  Sometimes I have to tell him, "I need you to put your computer away and listen to me because I need to talk."  I learned I needed to do that if I wanted to FEEL heard, although he can hear me while he is on the computer, but if I want his undivided attention.

Hottmomma607
Monday!
by Trica on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM
LOL my DH talks a lot too!

Quoting committed4ever:

I talk too much.  I know it.  He tune me out a lot.  But when I use to make the effort to not tallk so much he would always ask me what's wrong.

I don't even get mad about it.  I know how to get his attention when I need it.  ;)

Ricanmami88
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Lol sometimes other times im nagging him because he doesn't feel like listening.
Hottmomma607
Monday!
by Trica on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yes! Even if its asking him what does he want for dinner. And he's busy I have to make sure he is paying attention! LOL

Quoting anotherandree:

Depends.  Sometimes I have to tell him, "I need you to put your computer away and listen to me because I need to talk."  I learned I needed to do that if I wanted to FEEL heard, although he can hear me while he is on the computer, but if I want his undivided attention.

Hottmomma607
Monday!
by Trica on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I feel like that sometimes but DH gets really in tuned into what he's doing and I'm always like "Babe, babe,!" He always says oh I'm sorry babe! :-)

Quoting Ricanmami88: Lol sometimes other times im nagging him because he doesn't feel like listening.
Ricanmami88
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Right! And he has rules to not talk to him while he is eating or watching his fav shows or news and most of time i have something to say.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I feel like that sometimes but DH gets really in tuned into what he's doing and I'm always like "Babe, babe,!" He always says oh I'm sorry babe! :-)

Quoting Ricanmami88: Lol sometimes other times im nagging him because he doesn't feel like listening.
Twix.Leigh
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Lately it's been like Charlie Brown. Even other people are noticing his disregard for what I say. We're working on counseling, and figuring it how to communicate better. He had these phases, where he's super attentive and communicative, and then where he "forgets" to talk and listen. He's in the latter right now :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)