Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Interracial Marriage ?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 106 Replies
1 mom liked this
How many of us are in an interracial marriage / relationship ?

I'm proudly married to my beautiful best friend who is African American & I'm Mexican .

Happily married 3 years ( on the 18th ) & together for 4 years . My family at 1st was not to happy about it I come from a very Big & Traditional Mexican family & I'm the 1st out of EVERYONE to marry outside my race , even to date , I moved out very young and was raised on my own the American way , I don't really hold on to my roots to be honest , my family now LOVE my husband like their own .

DH & I are so happy & we make cute babies lOl

Share your photo !
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

DH & I
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Old but still love it , wearin his cardigan I know it doesn't match but I was cold lOl
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I am not, but dated a bermudian in High School and he was so sweet!

MomTiara19
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Awhh you two look so in love:).

I am black and my husband is white.We have been married almost 14 years and have 2 kids.His family wasnt crazy about me at first.In fact we went through a time where my dh barely spoke to his family.We felt terrible for our kids.They are so good....and innocent in al the drama.

We just started speaking to his family again and I think they finally realize we are really married and I am not going anywhere..lol..

_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Just now after 14 years ? Lol Yikes !

He's also the 1st to marry outside his race , everyone is welcoming , and so good to me , just once his uncle asked him " why didn't you just marry a black girl "? That hurt me . He doesn't talk to him much so idk .

And his mom asked him why he doesn't find black woman attractive ??? That bothered me just a bit ( he finds all races attractive , he just happened to fall in love with me lOl )

But other than that its been pretty smooth on his side of the family , now his little brother just had a baby with his GF who happens to be white (:
So he's the 2nd , IOl

Quoting MomTiara19:

Awhh you two look so in love:).

I am black and my husband is white.We have been married almost 14 years and have 2 kids.His family wasnt crazy about me at first.In fact we went through a time where my dh barely spoke to his family.We felt terrible for our kids.They are so good....and innocent in al the drama.

We just started speaking to his family again and I think they finally realize we are really married and I am not going anywhere..lol..

LadyBast
by Brenda on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Nope sorry when I got married that was a no back then!

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM

No. I grew up in an extremely racist home. My stepfather went to school during the time the segregated schools were intergrated. He was one of the white kids sent to an all black school. He spent his junior high and highschool years in constant fights.

Perfect_Misfit
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a white girl married to a Mexican man. We've been together 4 years married 3 on the 31st and we've got 2 children together. My family disowned me but that's A-ok because his is more than welcoming. And my suerga is such a SWEETHEART!!!
Perfect_Misfit
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this

My best friend/ soul mate/ my all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)