Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So Bummed! OT

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

I studied for days to try and pass the Leapforce exam, and I failed. :(

I know it has a high failure rate but come on! I studied for 3 days! Freaking sucks! I'm 34 weeks pregnant and 20 yrs old, no one will hire me right now, I've tried!! Dh isn't upset or anything, but I feel like he's dissapointed in me. I feel like such a let down.. We really could have used the extra money!

I still have 6 weeks of pregnancy left and then 6 weeks for healing and stuff afterwards. I hate not being ABLE to work when we need money! Ugh!

On another note, my house looks like a bomb went off and I have no energy or motivation to clean.

Pitty party of one. Lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.LeftBrainer
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Try making and selling body scrubs. Work from home with Amway. Try face painting for kids and adults. Pawn some jewelry or valuable items. Have your hubby, fam or a friend help you with the house chores. Don't feel bad. Enjoy your pregnancy. I was in the same boat as you. I did all these things listed above and they all made a big difference for us financially. Good luck and God bless.
merryvoice
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:20 AM
What is Leapforce? Can you retake the exam?
corpswife523
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Search Quality Evaluator.

Basically you evaluate the quality of search engines.

And no, you only get one chance :/

Quoting merryvoice: What is Leapforce? Can you retake the exam?

corpswife523
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Thank you for your help!

Quoting Mrs.LeftBrainer: Try making and selling body scrubs. Work from home with Amway. Try face painting for kids and adults. Pawn some jewelry or valuable items. Have your hubby, fam or a friend help you with the house chores. Don't feel bad. Enjoy your pregnancy. I was in the same boat as you. I did all these things listed above and they all made a big difference for us financially. Good luck and God bless.

merryvoice
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Oh man, I am so sorry. That sucks that you only get one chance. They really should give you more. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you end up doing.

I've heard that a 911 operator is a pretty good job. Easy for pregnant women, since it doesn't require standing.

Quoting corpswife523:

corpswife523
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:50 AM

That's actually what my Dh wants me to do.. Lol.

It's not even that, it's finding someone that will actually hire me when I'll only be working for a couple weeks and then have to leave for a couple weeks.

Quoting merryvoice: Oh man, I am so sorry. That sucks that you only get one chance. They really should give you more. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you end up doing.

I've heard that a 911 operator is a pretty good job. Easy for pregnant women, since it doesn't require standing.

Quoting corpswife523:

merryvoice
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Oh, how funny is that?!

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Honestly though, people are not supposed to discriminate, and you may be surprised. If you're a new hire, I'm pretty sure they don't have to pay for maternity leave. Not for sure on that though.

Quoting corpswife523:

It's not even that, it's finding someone that will actually hire me when I'll only be working for a couple weeks and then have to leave for a couple weeks.

Quoting merryvoice: Oh man, I am so sorry. That sucks that you only get one chance. They really should give you more. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you end up doing.

Quoting corpswife523:

corpswife523
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I know they're not supposed to, but I can't do anything if they just don't call back, or say "I'm not what they're looking for".

I'm pretty sure you have to be working somewhere for atleast over 1 yr to get paid leave.

Quoting merryvoice: Oh, how funny is that?!

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Honestly though, people are not supposed to discriminate, and you may be surprised. If you're a new hire, I'm pretty sure they don't have to pay for maternity leave. Not for sure on that though.

Quoting corpswife523:

Quoting corpswife523:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 10, 2013 at 5:21 AM
You're correct. No one is going to hire someone that they know is pregnant. You can hide it until after the hiring process until about midway through, but you are too far along to hide anything now. I know it's discrimination and technically illegal, but they just won't admit that it's because of your condition. They'll find other excuses.

Lots of places also won't hire new Moms because they know your first priority is baby, not work, and they think you'll be out a lot for sick kids, doctors appointments and daycare conflicts.

Quoting corpswife523: I know they're not supposed to, but I can't do anything if they just don't call back, or say "I'm not what they're looking for". I'm pretty sure you have to be working somewhere for atleast over 1 yr to get paid leave.Quoting merryvoice: Oh, how funny is that?!

Quoting corpswife523: That's actually what my Dh wants me to do.. Lol. It's not even that, it's finding someone that will actually hire me when I'll only be working for a couple weeks and then have to leave for a couple weeks. Quoting merryvoice: Oh man, I am so sorry. That sucks that you only get one chance. They really should give you more. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you end up doing.

Quoting corpswife523:

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM

good luck.

debt collection agencies around here always seem to post jobs in the local paper

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN