Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How important are your rings?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 53 Replies

My sister's experiencing some swelling in her hands and fingers due to circulatory issues. I don't understand the details but the result of this is that her wedding rings had to be cut off her because the swelling was so bad. She's devastated, but her husband's friend says they can be repaired to like new. She says it won't be the same.

How important to you are your wedding rings? If they were damaged but repairable, would you still feel upset and like they're not the same anymore?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SareyF
by Sarah on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
4 moms liked this
I love my rings but in a case like this I'd just accept it as a symbol of something else our marriage endured.
little.worthen
by Tessie on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Mine mean the world to me. It's just the representation and memory of them. A new ring would have a different memory. So not the same
JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I love them, but I wouldn't be all that upset as long as they were able to be repaired. Still the same ring, and it's a symbol more than anything, anyway.

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be upset but relieved they could be repaired. It's not like she has to get new ones.
kattcooper
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
They are extremely important to me and I would be devastated if somebody had to cut them off of me but would be okay if they were repairable.
newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

This

Quoting SareyF: I love my rings but in a case like this I'd just accept it as a symbol of something else our marriage endured.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

The rings aren't important to us.  Neither one of us wears one.  However, I would like another set.  I'd like it to be very similar to what I first had and be around the same price too. lol

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

If I couldn't wear my ring, it's not that big of a deal. I'm still married.

ZombieChicken
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I love my rings, but they're just a symbol and in no way effects my marriage. Unless I don't wear them to deceive.
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Was the swelling gradual? If so I'd have taken them off and put them on a necklace. I mean, I'd be upset, but it wouldn't affect the relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)