Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why do people cheat?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 33 Replies

What do you think? I think it happens when there is a deficit in the relationship. Whether it be  a lack of communication of just a lack of attention

Thank you ladies for your answers. It seems this happpens most when there are things lacking in a Marriage.

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchardmoma
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

And don't forget lack of respect; for yourself and your S/O.

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
4 moms liked this

I think it happens when the person is too selfish to communicate and only thinks of him/herself. 

friendlymom48
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Unfortunately, I was the one who cheated. At the time I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Afterwards, when I got into therapy, I realized that there was a lot wrong with our relationship and it always had been that way. Also, finally realized how controlling and emotionally abusive he was, things that I couldn't seem to see when we were together.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I think men and women cheat for different reasons. I think women cheat when they feel deprived of something, like attention or affection. I think men cheat for a multitude of reasons, differing with age. Mainly, I think it comes down to the thrill of it. And indecision, I think a lot of people, especially young folk, get married too soon and not enough wild oats are sewn before you say "I do".

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this
They cheat because they are too immature to actually give voice and communicate whatever their issue is. No one cheats because there is no affection, they cheat because they don't want to, or can't, talk about it or try to fix it. Same with any other excuse, it all boils down to a lack of emotional maturity
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

There are lots of reasons why people cheat and none of them are acceptable.  I know from my own experience I've encountered several different reasons but once it's done there's no taking it back and the relationships are damaged.

Jellybean1123
by Jocelyn on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
This...

Quoting BonitaM:

There are lots of reasons why people cheat and none of them are acceptable.  I know from my own experience I've encountered several different reasons but once it's done there's no taking it back and the relationships are damaged.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

People cheat because they are dumb fucks who are never satisfied with what they have.

I would NEVER cheat. If I wanted to fuck other men I'd divorce my DH.

rockinmomto2
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this

People cheat because they're stupid. That's the bottom line. Blaming the relationship or the other party is just an excuse, and not a very good one. The cheater has zero self control and doesn't think their actions through.

kjfamily
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
For the thrill, the exciting feeling of the "newness" . Also something lacking in relationship; affection, communication , stress of new kids etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN