Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Will you ever marry anyone ever again?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 45 Replies
If you had a really bad first marriage that ended up in divorce because of all the verbal abuse and differences between spouses..will you give marriage a second chance?
If it was me......HELL NO!
If I had a terrible marriage like the one I just described I wouldn't marry anyone again.. Thanks but no thanks...
I rather raise my children and once they are adults I can date again.. But not marry...hell no.
What would you do?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

If that was the reason for my divorce then quite possibly.  Not all men are the same and it's not fair to blame one for the mistakes an other made.  If DH and I divorce I know it's because we really couldn't make it work despite how much we love each other and because I'd still love him with everything in me I wouldn't want to marry an other.  I'd date, have fun, but not get serious.  He says he feels the same way.

Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm.. At this point I don't think so. Its not to say life will shape me in years ahead. I would never marry just for the sake of being married to fulfill some social agenda or build a "picture" or have a status.. I actually value the idea of having a real life companion. Someone who is first my friend and I can grow in life with and encourage and just have fun.

I am content with not being married. I have a different set of ideas now on what is good and right for me.

Being in an abusive relationship requires time to heal. People cannot be a bandaide to cover or replace others who have hurt us. That's my opinion. Not for a long time if it occurred.

Since I am not one that is needy to a guy to complete me I could be happy without. It would be a blessing to meet someone good but marriage isn't an accessory to me and neither are people. :)

My detoured response to the answer. No.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I really don't know...

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
No I would not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pghmommyof5
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this

That was the reason for my divorce and now i'm married to a wonderful man. It did make me much more cautious though.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I am divorced. There was obviously lots of nastiness, however, I do expect to marry again.

I don't see why a bad marriage that has ended should hold you back from other relationships that can be better. If they lead to another marriage, so be it.

alaskadreams
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I would yes, I would just make sure that I look for signs of things not "in place" while dating.  But i don't think that I would rush out looking for someone either

jjames1990
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM

1st marriage, ended because we had a baby and he decided he didnt' want to be a father.

2nd marriage ended because I was being abused, physically, verbally, mentally, for 13 years.  

3rd marriage ended, because well, it should have never started.   He was 16 years younger then me, I was having fun, he needed health insurance and I wanted a new last name.  

All three divorces were handled by me, no attorneys and not too much of a mess.

I have been married this go around for 2 years, together for 5.  I really believe this one will stick, but if it doesn't.  I know I will marry again, because I believe in it, I know it can work.  But as I said, I really think this one is it!

Duckling007
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this

You can never say never! I got divorced from my oldest son's father when I was 25. He screwed me up so bad that I NEVER wanted to marry again. I was happy, my son and I for several years, until my now DH fell into my lap. I resisted at first, and made him wait five years to tie the knot, but he is and was just such a beautiful person and everything I ever wanted that my heart softened. I have no regrets. I am with the love of my life now. Now, if he died or God forbid ever left me, I am done. I know I could never love another man like I love him, and I am spoiled to being loved like only he can.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

If I ever divorced, no. I would not marry again. I would probably date, eventually, but I'd never have another serious, long-term relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN