Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Will you ever marry anyone ever again?

Posted by   + Show Post
If you had a really bad first marriage that ended up in divorce because of all the verbal abuse and differences between spouses..will you give marriage a second chance?
If it was me......HELL NO!
If I had a terrible marriage like the one I just described I wouldn't marry anyone again.. Thanks but no thanks...
I rather raise my children and once they are adults I can date again.. But not marry...hell no.
What would you do?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (41-45):
soymujer
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My first marriage was 5 years of hell.  He was abusive, controlling and possessive.  Yet I did give marriage another try and I am a happy woman now. 

You can't judge every marriage based on a bad one.  Each guy is different and each marriage is different.

ViviAnne43
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm single now and I don't think I will ever get married again.  I've had live in relationships over the years and I prefer those to getting married. 

MomToovey
by Marianne on Dec. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard for me to say. However, I do have a friend who went through a divorce recently and he has decided he will never marry again, he doesn't even want to date - he's focusing on taking care of the kids when he has them, and his job when he doesn't.

And another friend of mine who's going through a divorce right now is definitely planning on getting married again one day. She and her stbx never had any kids, so she's just single now. She wants to spend time on her own, but hopes one day she'll remarry.

Mrs.LeftBrainer
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I would remarry
MammaKoi
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a bad first marriage, however not every man is the same and I didnt really know him or his family. I would marry again because I deserve to be happy and so do my kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)