Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why do I feel this way?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

My husband annoys me. For the past year every thing he has done irritates me to no end. I am not even sure if I love him anymore. I cringe when he touches me. I dont know if my feeling this way has anything to do with our past.  He has never physically been with anyone but he has emotionally cheated. He has lusted after other women. I want things to be better but i think i still cant move on for any past hurts.

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM
That could be it, but I would suggest a visit to your doctor as well. There could be an underlying physical problem that is causing your irritation and lack of sex drive
linz04060913
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

You need to seek out counseling, whether it be at a church with a pastor or just a marriage counselor. I would suggest you go and eventually invite your husband to go with. Or just go by yourself. It's very difficult to deal with that situation alone and get through it and forgive, but you must. Otherwise, you will grow very bitter.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM

and you've already discussed this with him, correct?

and you are currently in counseling?

what are YOU doing to make this "I want things to be better" actually happen?

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Some people can heal from an infidelity emotional or otherwise and some can not even if they wish they could. If you haven't got counseling to disover which you may be, I strongly encourage it, if you  were 100% SURE you didnt love him anymore then I would tell you not to even waste your time with that and just move forward without him.. but you say you aren't sure if you do or not, so that is something you need to investigate in counseling. And also if he is doing things to EARN your trust and prove  he is truly remorseful and  changed and  an open book with nothing to hide now or not. If not I would cut my losses and go. If he is  TRYING and I was not sure that maybe I still loved him under the pain then I would look into counseling and really work the program so that if at the end you do decide you still want to leave you will know you really made sure before making up your mind and really tried.  I am sorry for your pain and wish you all the best whatever that turns out to be for you.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

christina122952
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM
You need to talk to someone. Maybe you both need to move on.
berespectful
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

go to counseling by yourself. Try to figure this out. IMO emotional affairs can often been a sign of actual cheating you just haven't discovered yet.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I think you need to talk to someone and maybe see a doc it could be something wrong with you.. Good luck!

chickadees
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You have lost your connection...or better yet, he broke the connection by the emotional cheating.  I really can't decide which is worse...I guess I would call it even between emotional and physical cheating.  You have to decide if this is worth saving, or if you are just wasting your life with a guy you will never trust.  Once you answer that question, you'll be on your way.  Good Luck!! 

furbabymum
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Sheesh a year is a long time to allow yourself to behave this way. I do say allow because you can control your mind. It takes effort but it can be done. So get thee to counseling to figure your crap out. This isn't healthy. Either shit or get off the pot yo.

ja2010
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Dr or therapy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN