Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Petition (Phil Robertson supporters only) piog

Posted by   + Show Post
ttps://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-network-bring-phil-robertson-back

Can't make clicky.

Go here and sign this petition if you are a supporter
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Replies (61-70):
Texasladybug84
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Lol my whole entire family is southern baptist from south texas. They are def not quiet or ashamed to say how they feel when asked. I just don't understand why you commented on this thread for really more confused about that.
That's great that your for ppl speaking how they feel.awesome same here no matter what it is.

Quoting amanda_mom89: I've known many religious people (I also live in Texas) and most of them have enough decency to live their lives and share their faith respectfully. Phil did not do that. I really don't care if he supports gays or not. He is entitled to his beliefs, just as I am. Also, coincidentally, just as A&E is.Let's flip it. If a manager of a Chik-Fil-A spouted off in a local ad or an interview that he felt that Christians were idiots for believing in an invisible man in the sky and compared it to mental illness..how long do you think he would work for Chik-Fil-A? But say he issued a statement after the incident saying he didn't mean anything ugly by it and that he would never tell anyone what to believe, those are just his personal opinions..would that make what he said ok?No, it wouldn't. I'm not a Christian but I would fully support Chik-Fil-A's right to fire someone who so badly represented what they stand for in a very public way.It wasn't that he aligned his views with his religious beliefs..it was that he shared them in pretty much the most offensive way possible and his employer didn't appreciate it.What made me angry was everyone who doesn't understand what the 1st amendment means. I could care less how Phil Robertson feels about gays. I don't agree with him but I find it infuriating that people think his rights were violated. You can, in this country, get up and say whatever you want. But that doesn't mean you won't face some kind of consequence for it. Last time I checked, the U.S. did not have Mr. Robertson thrown in jail for his statements.We each have the right to our opposing opinions. We each will face criticism from the other side. But if it's something you believe in strongly enough..it shouldn't matter. Quoting Texasladybug84: I don't think you should support someone if u don't want to. But this is just all going back to the fact that he is super religious and was asked about his views. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that he shouldn't have said anything. And you can call him names yes, but I bet if I tried that I'd get bashed again ..I don't get how everyone on cm went crazy about some old religious man spouting out the bible...

Quoting furbabymum:  A & E was not the one conducting the interview so no, they didn't ask him.
I'm not asking him to say gays are cool. He could have simply answered the question by replying that he held Christian values. Instead he compared gays to terrorists and 1 step away from fucking animals. How is that not stupid and offensive? He brought this on himself by being an idiot. I don't defend idiots.
Quoting Texasladybug84: Lol okay they didn't ask him there were no interview he just shouted I hate gays and they should all burn on the cross right? Well oh well it's his religion and if they didn't know they were super religious then they have some major mental issues. It was super obvious to everyone who watched that show. So you think he should've just stated he was Christian? Or maybe should've said he's loves the gays to make everyone happy? Truth is you can't please everyone and while to you and everyone on cm thinks gays are whatever others out there aren't for that. You see everyone has different thoughts. To me if he were spouting off gays are natural and splendid and sinless that is a load of dirrehrea and pretty sure there would still be an uproar not on here cause everyone is super liberal but in real world. I just think it's ridiculous it's not like he's changing laws or is the president
Quoting furbabymum:
 A & E did not ask him his thoughts. The fact that you believe he's incapable of controlling what comes out of his mouth is frightening. I work for lawyers who lobby. They are liberal in a red state. No one knows they are liberal. They've mastered the art of the deflection. Phil could have done the same. He could have stated he has Christian values and moved on. Instead he had verbal diarrhea in a very public way.
Quoting Texasladybug84: I don't know one person that isn't behind a religious person stating their belief. They set him up this has been thrown way out of proportion. He's family is super religious. You really think when you ask a religious person their thoughts on that stuff that they are going to be like the ones on here and be afraid to say what they feel or think. A&e asked him his thoughts. It could've been anything but it's his opinion doesn't make your oppinion any more important.And yes I have been compared to lots of things for not being down with gays lifestyle on here. In real life no but on here all the time. That's why it's such a huge thing and such a "surprise" I guess when someone like that Phil guy said he thinks they live in sin. Might as well hate me too then for thinking the same thing.
Quoting furbabymum:
 Yes but are Gay people attacking you and comparing you to terrorists because you don't believe what they are doing is ok??? If they are I haven't heard of it. That's the difference here. You come on CM and you get attacked for everything under the sun. You think the sky is blue and someone will argue with you. Phil was representing the station he worked for when he made those awful comments. To me it's not even just the gay ones, he made some bad comments about blacks as well. All in all he reflected poorly upon the people who employ him. I also think this entire hissy fit over him reflects badly upon those who believe. Is this what we have come to? Disagree with us and we'll cry like toddlers? If it is it just reaffirms my conviction that Church isn't a place holy people go.
Quoting Texasladybug84: I gotta say I've been called many names by not being ok with gay/lesbians. So can't say that ppl are respectful about the fact that their are some of us that aren't ok with it. They attack you if you aren't. I think being gay is unnatural and a sin but can't say that on here cause I'm attacked. Just cause i don't agree with their actions doesn't mean I'm a horrible person.
Quoting ReadWriteLuv: Because the gay and lesbian community are not speaking out in condemnation of anyone, as opposed to Christians that wrongfully compare a homosexual to a terrorist.
Quoting emylee89: Before he found Christ not religion that was his past I'm am supporting him because he stood up for what he believes in and its funny how "and I'm not judging or trying to sound mean" but its funny how a gay/lesbian can stand up for what they believe and not get kicked off a show or get a bad rap or whatever its not a big deal let them speak their minds but when a Christian stands up for what they believe or speaks their mind they get everything bad
Quoting ReadWriteLuv: It's in his autobiography. He was a violent drunk, and a cheater, before he found religion.
Quoting MagicTemptation:
No. He admitted to it.
Quoting emylee89: I think your thinking of someone else
Quoting MagicTemptation:
I have a question. This man beat a woman. Why is that ok? Why are people standing behind him?

amanda_mom89
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or if you just have poor reading comprehension skills, since your reply had very little to do with what I said.

I replied to the post because I can. Last time I checked this group is the Love and Marriage group. It's not faith based or reality tv based..so the OP should have expected that because her post was out of context, the replies would be varied.

I shared my opinion calmly, rationally and respecfully. I was not condescending or rude.

Where did I say that the Christians I know are quiet and ashamed? They definitely are not that. But they are educated and kind. They don't spew ignorant hate.

I thought I would be providing you with an alternate perspective. We do not grow as people by only engaging in conversation with people who agree with us. Growing as a person and hearing alternative ideas does not mean you change your beliefs to fit in with people..it means you learn how to better interact with people so that your ideas are shared in a clear and kind way. It means you learn empathy and awareness for your fellow man. I'm sorry that these concepts are lost on you.

Perhaps you and OP should find a Christian group to share your ideas in if you don't want anyone to disagree with you. Merry Christmas.

Quoting Texasladybug84: Lol my whole entire family is southern baptist from south texas. They are def not quiet or ashamed to say how they feel when asked. I just don't understand why you commented on this thread for really more confused about that.
That's great that your for ppl speaking how they feel.awesome same here no matter what it is.

Quoting amanda_mom89: I've known many religious people (I also live in Texas) and most of them have enough decency to live their lives and share their faith respectfully. Phil did not do that. I really don't care if he supports gays or not. He is entitled to his beliefs, just as I am. Also, coincidentally, just as A&E is.Let's flip it. If a manager of a Chik-Fil-A spouted off in a local ad or an interview that he felt that Christians were idiots for believing in an invisible man in the sky and compared it to mental illness..how long do you think he would work for Chik-Fil-A? But say he issued a statement after the incident saying he didn't mean anything ugly by it and that he would never tell anyone what to believe, those are just his personal opinions..would that make what he said ok?No, it wouldn't. I'm not a Christian but I would fully support Chik-Fil-A's right to fire someone who so badly represented what they stand for in a very public way.It wasn't that he aligned his views with his religious beliefs..it was that he shared them in pretty much the most offensive way possible and his employer didn't appreciate it.What made me angry was everyone who doesn't understand what the 1st amendment means. I could care less how Phil Robertson feels about gays. I don't agree with him but I find it infuriating that people think his rights were violated. You can, in this country, get up and say whatever you want. But that doesn't mean you won't face some kind of consequence for it. Last time I checked, the U.S. did not have Mr. Robertson thrown in jail for his statements.We each have the right to our opposing opinions. We each will face criticism from the other side. But if it's something you believe in strongly enough..it shouldn't matter. Quoting Texasladybug84: I don't think you should support someone if u don't want to. But this is just all going back to the fact that he is super religious and was asked about his views. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that he shouldn't have said anything. And you can call him names yes, but I bet if I tried that I'd get bashed again ..I don't get how everyone on cm went crazy about some old religious man spouting out the bible...

Quoting furbabymum:  A & E was not the one conducting the interview so no, they didn't ask him.
I'm not asking him to say gays are cool. He could have simply answered the question by replying that he held Christian values. Instead he compared gays to terrorists and 1 step away from fucking animals. How is that not stupid and offensive? He brought this on himself by being an idiot. I don't defend idiots.
Quoting Texasladybug84: Lol okay they didn't ask him there were no interview he just shouted I hate gays and they should all burn on the cross right? Well oh well it's his religion and if they didn't know they were super religious then they have some major mental issues. It was super obvious to everyone who watched that show. So you think he should've just stated he was Christian? Or maybe should've said he's loves the gays to make everyone happy? Truth is you can't please everyone and while to you and everyone on cm thinks gays are whatever others out there aren't for that. You see everyone has different thoughts. To me if he were spouting off gays are natural and splendid and sinless that is a load of dirrehrea and pretty sure there would still be an uproar not on here cause everyone is super liberal but in real world. I just think it's ridiculous it's not like he's changing laws or is the president
Quoting furbabymum:
 A & E did not ask him his thoughts. The fact that you believe he's incapable of controlling what comes out of his mouth is frightening. I work for lawyers who lobby. They are liberal in a red state. No one knows they are liberal. They've mastered the art of the deflection. Phil could have done the same. He could have stated he has Christian values and moved on. Instead he had verbal diarrhea in a very public way.
Quoting Texasladybug84: I don't know one person that isn't behind a religious person stating their belief. They set him up this has been thrown way out of proportion. He's family is super religious. You really think when you ask a religious person their thoughts on that stuff that they are going to be like the ones on here and be afraid to say what they feel or think. A&e asked him his thoughts. It could've been anything but it's his opinion doesn't make your oppinion any more important.And yes I have been compared to lots of things for not being down with gays lifestyle on here. In real life no but on here all the time. That's why it's such a huge thing and such a "surprise" I guess when someone like that Phil guy said he thinks they live in sin. Might as well hate me too then for thinking the same thing.
Quoting furbabymum:
 Yes but are Gay people attacking you and comparing you to terrorists because you don't believe what they are doing is ok??? If they are I haven't heard of it. That's the difference here. You come on CM and you get attacked for everything under the sun. You think the sky is blue and someone will argue with you. Phil was representing the station he worked for when he made those awful comments. To me it's not even just the gay ones, he made some bad comments about blacks as well. All in all he reflected poorly upon the people who employ him. I also think this entire hissy fit over him reflects badly upon those who believe. Is this what we have come to? Disagree with us and we'll cry like toddlers? If it is it just reaffirms my conviction that Church isn't a place holy people go.
Quoting Texasladybug84: I gotta say I've been called many names by not being ok with gay/lesbians. So can't say that ppl are respectful about the fact that their are some of us that aren't ok with it. They attack you if you aren't. I think being gay is unnatural and a sin but can't say that on here cause I'm attacked. Just cause i don't agree with their actions doesn't mean I'm a horrible person.
Quoting ReadWriteLuv: Because the gay and lesbian community are not speaking out in condemnation of anyone, as opposed to Christians that wrongfully compare a homosexual to a terrorist.
Quoting emylee89: Before he found Christ not religion that was his past I'm am supporting him because he stood up for what he believes in and its funny how "and I'm not judging or trying to sound mean" but its funny how a gay/lesbian can stand up for what they believe and not get kicked off a show or get a bad rap or whatever its not a big deal let them speak their minds but when a Christian stands up for what they believe or speaks their mind they get everything bad
Quoting ReadWriteLuv: It's in his autobiography. He was a violent drunk, and a cheater, before he found religion.
Quoting MagicTemptation:
No. He admitted to it.
Quoting emylee89: I think your thinking of someone else
Quoting MagicTemptation:
I have a question. This man beat a woman. Why is that ok? Why are people standing behind him?

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are employed by someone and sign a contract stating that you will not say or do certain things that might reflect badly on the company's views, expect that you can be fired if you break that.

If a service member says something bad about the President, even when he isn't at work, he can lose his job. Why? Because he signed a contract stating he would not.

If Phil wanted to stay with the company, he should of followed his contract.  He knew A&E's stance. We might have freedom of speech but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences to your actions, especially if you are representing more than just yourself.

And I do not see gays belittle and tell heterosexuals that they are wrong and will burn in haydes if they don't change their ways. There is a difference between someone wanting people to shut their mouth about spewing hate, versus degrading a group of people for their beliefs. I'm Pagan and Bi. But I don't tell Christians that they are going to be reincarnated into worms. So why do they feel the need to tell me I am sinning and going to hell? 

Quoting Texasladybug84: I don't think you should support someone if u don't want to. But this is just all going back to the fact that he is super religious and was asked about his views. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that he shouldn't have said anything. And you can call him names yes, but I bet if I tried that I'd get bashed again ..I don't get how everyone on cm went crazy about some old religious man spouting out the bible...

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM

So, let me get this straight. Anyone can have whatever views they want, religious or not, and everyone is allowed to spout said views in public, regardless of if it will hurt people's feelings, as long as said views are in line with someone's adopted personal philosophy. Am I understanding this correctly, Texasladybug?

No one had better ever give me shit for being mean, or stating my personal opinion,in here ever again. I will bump this post every time someone personally attacks me for saying something someone doesn't want to hear.

furbabymum
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I choked. Amen sista!!!!!

I mean I'm pretty blunt and offensive and even I can see how Phil did this totally the wrong way. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

So, let me get this straight. Anyone can have whatever views they want, religious or not, and everyone is allowed to spout said views in public, regardless of if it will hurt people's feelings, as long as said views are in line with someone's adopted personal philosophy. Am I understanding this correctly, Texasladybug?

No one had better ever give me shit for being mean, or stating my personal opinion,in here ever again. I will bump this post every time someone personally attacks me for saying something someone doesn't want to hear.

by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Last time I checked freedom of speech--and OPINIONS--are what this country was founded on. He wasn't rude, or disrespectful, he was just stating his OPINION on what he feels the Bible states (which it does BTW). But he wasn't bashing or being crude--like Martin Bashir did. And he also made it clear that while he feels that way he is not the one to judge anyone and he still loves ALL people regardless. 

I completely support him. 

MerledBlue
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

SIGNED CUZ I THINK THEIR DECISION WAS INCREDIBLY RIDICULOUS

IT DOESN'T MATTER ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH IT MATTERS THAT NOT ONE SINGLE NETWORK STANDS BEHIND EVERY SINGLE WORD THAT COMES OUT OF EVERY ACTOR'S MOUTH THAT AIRS ON ONE OF THEIR SHOWS.....IT'S PATHETIC IF THAT WERE THE CASE MTV AND TLC WOULD NEVER OPERATE!

He never said to Hell with Gays.....he said the opposite but ppl are soooo quick to jump on the hate wagon anymore...I'm Christian I like Gay ppl who cares who they love or make love to none of my business....and he said it's not up to him to judge them let God do that...

Ppl get offended over nothing anymore....mouse farts would offend some!

MerledBlue
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

is his contract with A&E posted anywhere?!?! how does one know what he agreed to and what he signed?!!?! He also never said they'd burn in hell!

Sooo ridiculous

Quoting MagicTemptation:

If you are employed by someone and sign a contract stating that you will not say or do certain things that might reflect badly on the company's views, expect that you can be fired if you break that.

If a service member says something bad about the President, even when he isn't at work, he can lose his job. Why? Because he signed a contract stating he would not.

If Phil wanted to stay with the company, he should of followed his contract.  He knew A&E's stance. We might have freedom of speech but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences to your actions, especially if you are representing more than just yourself.

And I do not see gays belittle and tell heterosexuals that they are wrong and will burn in haydes if they don't change their ways. There is a difference between someone wanting people to shut their mouth about spewing hate, versus degrading a group of people for their beliefs. I'm Pagan and Bi. But I don't tell Christians that they are going to be reincarnated into worms. So why do they feel the need to tell me I am sinning and going to hell? 

Quoting Texasladybug84: I don't think you should support someone if u don't want to. But this is just all going back to the fact that he is super religious and was asked about his views. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that he shouldn't have said anything. And you can call him names yes, but I bet if I tried that I'd get bashed again ..I don't get how everyone on cm went crazy about some old religious man spouting out the bible...

Liifeiisabeach
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

We live in an age where you can get fired for what you post on your Facebook page or Twitter feed. Employers will avoid hiring you if they find unappealing Google search results. If I post something on my blog that is offensive to my employers or could impact people employed at my company (because I'm speaking in a public forum and we live in the digital age where our online reputations speak louder than our resumes) I am not protected against a suspension. 

This isn't something new just because some folks agree with what he said. I like Duck Dynasty and have a Chia Pet to prove it... but honestly, while I wish he'd used more tact (whether or not I agree with his opinions) we are all held to this reality- if you say something publicly that makes your company look bad or they don't agree with, you're privately employed and they have every right to suspend you. 

Kids who cuss in class aren't protected by the first amendment. If I tweet something that my employer feels violates their code of conduct, I can be let go....the list goes on and on.

Kimber1984
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I have gay and lesbian friends. I also like Phil Robertson. Just because I dont agree with my friends lifestyle doesnt mean that we cant be friends. The Bible says what it says. I signed it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN